bezier handel is lock

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

davoodice2

bezier handel is lock

Post by davoodice2 »

Hi.
in frame by frame layer when I draw a shape with add point tool , frist and last point have abnormal behaviour. also I draw a rectangle , add some point and delete some point, again handles be locked and I cant move them.

here is simple scene with problem.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/vpwerc76 ... .moho/file
خیام اگر ز باده مستی خوش باش
با ماهرخی اگر نشستی خوش باش
چون عاقبت کار جهان نیستی است
انگار که نیستی چو هستی خوش باش
synthsin75

Re: bezier handel is lock

Post by synthsin75 »

All the handles work fine here.
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

synthsin75 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:59 pm All the handles work fine here.

frame 12 this two point.

and its video link

https://www.mediafire.com/file/q7o0o3vd ... m.mp4/file
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I believe this is the same random bug being discussed in the other thread.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34296

This has been reported to the devs. ATM, I think all you can do is quit Moho completely and the relaunch. This should 'unlock' the handles. That's what I've had to do, but me know if that doesn't work for you.

In the meantime, I'll add a link to this thread to the support ticket.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Still works here. Try selecting the actual vector layer.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

If this is the same 'stuck handles' bug I described in the other thread and in the support ticket, the error goes away after Moho is closed and reopened. When the bug happens, I literally cannot move the handles. But after quitting and relaunching Moho and then opening the project, the handles behave properly. To be clear, it's not enough to close and reopen the project, I need to quit Moho completely and relaunch it.

Correcting this when it happens is easy enough, but I'm sure it can get very annoying if it happens more than once during a work session. (As it did the first time I ran into this issue.)

This bug has occurred rarely for me, but it's frustrating because when it does happen, I can't figure out what triggered it. So far, it's happened at least a half dozen times after I created a path using the Add Points tool...nothing fancy, just a basic open or closed path. I haven't seen this happen with the Freehand tool yet (as in davoodice2's example,) but I haven't used Freehand much lately.

Anyway, this is why so far I haven't bothered to submit any content with the support ticket. If anybody figures this one out and has content where the error can be reliably reproduced, let me know so I can append the support ticket with the info and submit content.

It's much more helpful to the devs when they have clear instructions for how to reproduce a bug.

Thanks!
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Ugh...this is so maddening. I tried this just now:

1. I opened Moho, created a vector layer, drew a 4 point open path using the Add Points tool, and I got the 'stuck' handles that could not be edited, and tangents that could not be broken with Alt click-drag.

2. I closed Moho without saving the project, relaunched Moho and followed the same steps a second time. This time I was able to edit the handles in the path and break the tangents with Alt-click drag like normal.

Anyway, will try this again tonight, and be careful to document everything this time. There must to be something I did differently the first time.

(As many of you know, I don't normally use Bezier mode when drawing character art in Moho, but this is making me nuts!) :?
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

To be clear, when this happens, what I mean by "can't edit the handles" is that it sort of behaves like Fixed Handle is enabled but it's not exactly that either. When I click and drag on any handle or the point, they all move together as a unit, and I can't change the lengths of the handles independently, change their angle, or break the tangent. It's like Moho is locked into its regular 'Moho Points' mode even though the bezier handles are visible.

Then, when I quit and restart Moho, after following the same steps, Moho's Bezier mode may behave normally, with full editing capabilities. No apparent reason for when it gets 'stuck' or works normally.

I guess the next time this happens, I should see what happens with I edit the points using the Curvature tool. I suspect it will behave like a regular 'Moho Point'.
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

synthsin75 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:12 pm Still works here. Try selecting the actual vector layer.
in frame by frame layer going to actual layer, create keys in time line and its not good.
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

Greenlaw wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:55 am To be clear, when this happens, what I mean by "can't edit the handles" is that it sort of behaves like Fixed Handle is enabled but it's not exactly that either. When I click and drag on any handle or the point, they all move together as a unit, and I can't change the lengths of the handles independently, change their angle, or break the tangent. It's like Moho is locked into its regular 'Moho Points' mode even though the bezier handles are visible.

Then, when I quit and restart Moho, after following the same steps, Moho's Bezier mode may behave normally, with full editing capabilities. No apparent reason for when it gets 'stuck' or works normally.

I guess the next time this happens, I should see what happens with I edit the points using the Curvature tool. I suspect it will behave like a regular 'Moho Point'.
I restart moho many times. every time i use frame by frame, it happens. even in moho 12.5 and 13
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

davoodice2 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:04 am
synthsin75 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:12 pm Still works here. Try selecting the actual vector layer.
in frame by frame layer going to actual layer, create keys in time line and its not good.
Why's that a problem?
And if it is, just use Design Mode (ctrl+shift+D).
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

synthsin75 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:49 pm
davoodice2 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:04 am
Why's that a problem?
And if it is, just use Design Mode (ctrl+shift+D).
please stop this stupid questions.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

davoodice2 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:36 am please stop this stupid questions.
Please fix your attitude.
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

synthsin75 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:20 am
davoodice2 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:36 am please stop this stupid questions.
Please fix your attitude.
I talk about frame by frame and you say go to design mode.
You need to understand that when there is a bug in the software, it should be fixed, not that you want to cover it up with useless solutions!
If I go back to design mode then what is the purpose of creating frame by frame?
Why do you like to insist that all software upgrade offers are useless and you are right?
I have never seen you agree to an upgrade offer.
You are always looking for hard and difficult ways to do easy things.
Please YOU stop this attitude.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

davoodice2 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:26 pm ...I have never seen you agree to an upgrade offer.
You are always looking for hard and difficult ways to do easy things...
These two statements are just factually incorrect.

These people are trying to help you -- have a little humility
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?