Fast & Furious Spy Racers: Sea Majors

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Greenlaw

Fast & Furious Spy Racers: Sea Majors

Post by Greenlaw »

Just for fun, check out the FFSR episode Anchors Away (S5, Ep. 3) for a short Moho animation I made. The sequence starts at around 13:38. The show is currently running exclusively on Netflix.

Setup: The crew is in a submarine at the bottom of the sea, and Tony begins to hallucinate. That's all you need to know.

The Photoshop artwork was created by our art department, and I rigged and animated the shots in couple of days using Moho 12.5, with effects added using After Effects. The rigs are fairly basic Moho--I don't think I even used custom meshes for this--but it was still a little challenging because each of the animal characters required a unique rig, plus I didn't have a lot of time to do this.

It's very silly and I hope you enjoy it.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
Greenlaw

Re: Fast & Furious Spy Racers: Sea Majors

Post by Greenlaw »

Shoot....now that song is stuck in my head again. 😸
nikkol

Post by nikkol »

Nice to know about some Moho on Netflix! :) And thanks for getting that song stuck... The kids like it!
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

nikkol wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:06 am Nice to know about some Moho on Netflix! :) And thanks for getting that song stuck... The kids like it!
Glad to be of service! :lol:

FYI, there's a lot of Moho work on Netflix as well as on other major streaming services. Almost every production I've worked on in the last 7 years has some Moho in it (see my last two demo reels), and most of this was for shows on Netflix, Amazon, or Hulu. Some of my co-workers and friends have done some work in Moho for shows on the streaming channels too. As generalists, we use a lot different animation programs in our work, but many of us like using Moho for 2D puppets.

For the last two years, I mainly worked on FFSR, and there were fewer opportunities for using Moho on this show but I managed to squeeze it into some surprising places when I could. I actually got to try Moho's new quads system on one sequence last spring. I'll need to check if this episode has been released yet; if it has, I'll point it out.

Edit: I think all the episodes are out now. I'll find out which one it's in.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
terry7th

Post by terry7th »

Greenlaw wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:26 am Just for fun, check out the FFSR episode Anchors Away (S5, Ep. 3) for a short Moho animation I made. The sequence starts at around 13:38. The show is currently running exclusively on Netflix.

Setup: The crew is in a submarine at the bottom of the sea, and Tony begins to hallucinate. That's all you need to know.

The Photoshop artwork was created by our art department, and I rigged and animated the shots in couple of days using Moho 12.5, with effects added using After Effects. The rigs are fairly basic Moho--I don't think I even used custom meshes for this--but it was still a little challenging because each of the animal characters required a unique rig, plus I didn't have a lot of time to do this.

It's very silly and I hope you enjoy it.
Had a quick look at it on Netflix, looks great.
WatchMotion

Post by WatchMotion »

That was a fun one - thanks for sharing!