New features for Bone Transform (Video)

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

davoodice2

New features for Bone Transform (Video)

Post by davoodice2 »

Hi,
these are some of the features I wanted to have in the bone transform tool and I made them and shared them with you here.
I hope you find it useful

• Access to all bone select tool features
  • Fix individual changing parameters of bones
  • With the left click you can only rotate the bones and you can rest assured that you will no longer move
    or resize them accidentally.
    use ALT or ctrl move or scale bones
  • Selecting the bones no longer creates a keyframe and you can rest assured that you will no longer add keyframe accidentally.
  • you can drag rectangle around bones to select them
  • You can click outside the bones to remove all the Bones from the selection
  • You Can toggle select and unselect bones with hold shift and click on bones
  • you can hold shift and drag rectangle around bones to reverse selection
  • you can hold ctrl and drag rectangle around bones to remove them from selection
  • you can hold shift and ctrl rectangle around bones to add bones to selection
  • Hold down alt and click the reset transform button to change the color of the Unselected bones
  • Hold down alt and click the reset scale button to change the color of the selected bones
  • If you have selected several bones and click on another bone that is not selected, it will be selected immediately
(i forgot tell in video):
  • to activate snap Hold shift+ctrl when transform bone

3.4b
  • Improve Preselection Bone Highlight
  • Ability to see those bones have keys in selected keys

3.5b
--Improve Preselection Bone Highlight
--Set Target Bone With Hold Alt + CRTL and click on bone

DOWNLOAD
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=34386&p=199166#p199166
Last edited by davoodice2 on Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
خیام اگر ز باده مستی خوش باش
با ماهرخی اگر نشستی خوش باش
چون عاقبت کار جهان نیستی است
انگار که نیستی چو هستی خوش باش
Daxel

Re: New features for Bone Transform (Video)

Post by Daxel »

Lots of changes! And they sound pretty useful. I have to try it tomorrow. The only problem I see is that I really love some of the features of A. Evseeva Modified Transform Bone script: https://mohoscripts.com/script/ae_transform_bone

I guess I could use both, or start diving into lua to try to put them together.

Thank you!

Suggestion: wouldn't be more consistent with the rest of the program to unselect and inverse selection with alt instead of shift?
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

Daxel wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:10 pm Lots of changes! And they sound pretty useful. I have to try it tomorrow. The only problem I see is that I really love some of the features of A. Evseeva Modified Transform Bone script: https://mohoscripts.com/script/ae_transform_bone

I guess I could use both, or start diving into lua to try to put them together.

Thank you!

Suggestion: wouldn't be more consistent with the rest of the program to unselect and inverse selection with alt instead of shift?
I leave alt to add some function to it later :D . But yes maybe it was better.maybe i change it.or find easy way to user define them itself. Ahh ae transform! I forgot it!
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

Ability to see those bones have key in selected keys.

pre highlight selection improved.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

davoodice2 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:59 am Ability to see those bones have key in selected keys.
That's amazing. I've always thought that Moho animating interface/workflow would be much clearer if we could see the keyframed elements with a slightly different colour or shape. The same for the points. I've been using the Select Keyed script by Hayasidist for a long time and it selects those elements (bones and points) that are keyed, which is similar and very useful too. I would love to see an official implementation of both: a checkmark like yours to have the keyed elements always slightly different visually, and if you press a button you select those specific elements.

davoodice2 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:59 am pre highlight selection improved.
Oh much better now.

Thank you
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

Daxel wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:41 pm
davoodice2 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:59 am Ability to see those bones have key in selected keys.
That's amazing. I've always thought that Moho animating interface/workflow would be much clearer if we could see the keyframed elements with a slightly different colour or shape. The same for the points. I've been using the Select Keyed script by Hayasidist for a long time and it selects those elements (bones and points) that are keyed, which is similar and very useful too. I would love to see an official implementation of both: a checkmark like yours to have the keyed elements always slightly different visually, and if you press a button you select those specific elements.

davoodice2 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:59 am pre highlight selection improved.
Oh much better now.

Thank you
It is my pleasure.. thank you to for share with me your ideas.