Frequent Crashing (solved in 13.5.4)

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Karl Toon

Re: Frequent Crashing

Post by Karl Toon »

Daxel wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:43 pm
Mad Dog wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:46 pm Just thought I'd add to this Frequent Crashing post as I too am having at least 1 or 2 per hour. The most recent was when I created a switch layer, and prior to that was when I imported a jpg image. There seems to be no real rhyme nor reason to it. It's really annoying though. I'm on Windows 11, just so you Mac people don't think you are getting all the fun. Problem since install of 13.5.2; was quite stable prior to that.
Do you work with your style panel undocked?
No, I don't
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse." - Walt E. Disney
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Yeah, for now you should undock the Style window. A related bug was discovered that made Moho unstable when this window is docked, and my understanding is that the the next update should have a fix for it.

FWIW, I've always work with Style window undocked for maximum vertical space in the Layers Window...I think this is a better use of the Layers window, and it's easy enough to open and close the Style window when I need it. (Use Ctrl-] or click the Style button in the MQC window.)
Last edited by Greenlaw on Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:46 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Mad Dog wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:12 pm
No, I don't

Try undocking it. As Greenlaw explained, it solves a lot of crashes. Officially confirmed.
aeiourb

Post by aeiourb »

Hello Everyone,
Keeping the Style Window undocked, actually solved frequent crashes.
Thank You
CandyCoated

Post by CandyCoated »

Wow. I'll have to try this. I've been having semi-frequent crashes.
Karl Toon

Post by Karl Toon »

Daxel wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:15 am
Mad Dog wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:12 pm
No, I don't

Try undocking it. As Greenlaw explained, it solves a lot of crashes. Officially confirmed.
Have done this and am looking forward to seeing results. Thank you. :D
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse." - Walt E. Disney
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

I see lots of crashes when working in layers pallet. The reason is one of the scripts I installed.

update: scripts was not reason of crash.I dont know reason of that. simply group with selection and BOOM. I open it in moho 13 there is no problem.also 13.5.1 is fine
خیام اگر ز باده مستی خوش باش
با ماهرخی اگر نشستی خوش باش
چون عاقبت کار جهان نیستی است
انگار که نیستی چو هستی خوش باش
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

davoodice2 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:16 ama
I see lots of crashes when working in layers pallet. The reason is one of the scripts I installed.

update: scripts was not reason of crash.I dont know reason of that. simply group with selection and BOOM. I open it in moho 13 there is no problem.also 13.5.1 is fine
you get a crash every time you group with selection on any project? Having style panel undocked?
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

Daxel wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:05 am
davoodice2 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:16 ama

you get a crash every time you group with selection on any project? Having style panel undocked?
No style panel is docked. I dont know what is problem. I use moho 13.5.1 for now.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

davoodice2 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:32 am
Daxel wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:05 am you get a crash every time you group with selection on any project? Having style panel undocked?
No style panel is docked. I dont know what is problem. I use moho 13.5.1 for now.
He's saying to try undocking the style window. That stops a lot of crashes for many people.
rikberryere

Post by rikberryere »

Been away attending to real world stuff (sigh) and am back at the animation stuff. (Shhh...my wife things I'm being responsible and productive!)

Program crashed twice in half an hour - so consulted the forum thread... and noticed the 'undocking the styles' suggestion. I noticed that I still had that window docked - curious, as I've undocked everything else! Wonder why I never did that one. Anyway, we'll see what happens.

Other than this issue, I'm absolutely loving this program.

Append - That seems to work! Done a ton of modifications to a character doing all the stuff that would inevitably trigger a crash, and... nothing. Thanks for the info, guys - a round of butter tarts for everyone in the room, waiter!
I have no idea what I'm doing... so tally ho, eh?
davoodice2

Post by davoodice2 »

synthsin75 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:53 pm
davoodice2 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:32 am
Daxel wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:05 am you get a crash every time you group with selection on any project? Having style panel undocked?
He's saying to try undocking the style window. That stops a lot of crashes for many people.
wonderful ! it works! :shock: thanks
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

davoodice2 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:32 am No style panel is docked. I dont know what is problem. I use moho 13.5.1 for now.
The error also exists in 13.5.1; version 13.5.2 is apparently just more sensitive to the error. An update that fixes this issue is coming but you can prevent the crash now by undocking the Style Window.

Mike explains what's going on in this post and in his follow up post: https://lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 62#p203062
Mattyj

Post by Mattyj »

I have found my version if 13.5.2 has crashed several times for me as well to the point that I do notice it. Am running it on a surface pro 7 with 16gb RAM and an i7. I thought perhaps it may be from performing too many actions quickly, but I am certainly a novice at Moho.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Mattyj wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:36 am I have found my version if 13.5.2 has crashed several times for me as well to the point that I do notice it. Am running it on a surface pro 7 with 16gb RAM and an i7. I thought perhaps it may be from performing too many actions quickly, but I am certainly a novice at Moho.

Have you tried...

*I put my sunglasses on* 8)

...undocking the style panel?

Could we rename the tittle of this post to something like "Frequent Crashing (solved undocking the style panel)"?