The true road lies in the other direction

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

zoesan

The true road lies in the other direction

Post by zoesan »

As mentioned in last post. I do a lot of reading, primarily for ideas for my scriptwriting. Occasionally I come across something that can be animated.

https://youtu.be/jT9iUV2qsX4

As always any comments welcome.
hayasidist

Re: The true road lies in the other direction

Post by hayasidist »

zoesan wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:36 am As always any comments welcome.
From a writer to a writer... that's a great "middle" - it deserves a better beginning and end? So, if you wanted to address more of the context of CSL's quote, perhaps a "beginning" with all fish smiling - the shoal heads of to some "lure" which, as they approach becomes something less than alluring, leaving the lone fish to take the opposite route? Then, to give it a bit more of an "end" to ram home the message about "the other direction": where does the shoal go? a fishing net? a shark's mouth? into the abyss?? and/or where does the lone fish go? upstream to spawn? finds Nemo? :-D or simply away from danger in a pleasantly mundane place?

From an animator to an animator: make the fish wriggle!? make the collisions more impactful / and/or better avoidance?
zoesan

Post by zoesan »

Hi hayasidist. Will look into getting a wiggle. I agree with whats been written. But in the flat looks like what is my style, as it was at art college, silk screening and Lino block art etc. From your animators experience, what's the best way to get a wriggle? given what you've seen. There's no interpolation that I've found. Apologies for any gnashing of teeth and wailing in the interest of a better script but the clip didn't at the time require any further scripting. Technique however, I do hold my hands up to that. What I've found is that music makes all the difference supporting the 'outsider' 'isolated' road some of us are on, swimming against the mainstream.
Last edited by zoesan on Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zoesan

Post by zoesan »

I've had a look at Moho mesh video and think this might be worth working with. Presently I'm facing my animation nemesis, that of walk cycles. I've got a concept animation on the go that requires a whole crowd of stylised people (never think small when facing your nemesis.) So when and (if) it works out, will return to the animation clip: The true road lies in the other direction and see how mesh works out to tackle the one fish swimming in the opposite direction. Again thanks for putting me straight Hayasidist. p.s. the brief I set myself for that clip was 30 secs.