MR Transform Rig Tool 1.2.4

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

mohgirl

Re: MR Transform Rig Tool

Post by mohgirl »

KuzKuz wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:44 am Hello, I need examples of files to test the script on, as everyone has their own approach to work.
This script is very complex, and I will try to find time to understand the issues, but currently, I'm going through a difficult period and am unable to tackle this right now.
The original moho project documents are suspected of confidentiality and cannot be sent to you. I tried to restore the previous steps yesterday to restore this error but failed. But I demonstrated my operating steps with pictures. This pop-up window really appeared once and never appeared again.

https://ibb.co/wzf1Ctz
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Hi KuzKuz. Today I had a problem with this amazing tool when using it on a vitruvian bone. Moho 14.1.

When using the transform rig tool to flip a vitruvian bone (the one with the 'V'), it affects and breaks the rigging of the other vitruvian bones that are part of that vitruvian group, because it transforms those other vitruvian bones while leaving their artwork intact, so the bones are no longer correctly placed over the artwork. To avoid this issue, the vitruvian bones need to be ungrouped (deactivating them is not enough) before performing the flip. I tested the rotation too and the same happens.

I wonder if the intention was to make the tool affect every vitruvian bone in the group (but correctly of course), or only the selected one, because I can see how affecting every vitruvian bone could be handy in some cases, however in my case I only wanted to affect the selected vitruvian bone.

I made a quick demo in case you cant to test it. It's just a simple 2 arms Vitruvian group. To reproduce the issue just select one V-bone and transform it with the transform rig tool.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiyKCw6Xey5Tgp0kUB4 ... g?e=c5udvp

Have a nice day!
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

Daxel wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:34 pm Hi KuzKuz. Today I had a problem with this amazing tool when using it on a vitruvian bone. Moho 14.1.

When using the transform rig tool to flip a vitruvian bone (the one with the 'V'), it affects and breaks the rigging of the other vitruvian bones that are part of that vitruvian group, because it transforms those other vitruvian bones while leaving their artwork intact, so the bones are no longer correctly placed over the artwork. To avoid this issue, the vitruvian bones need to be ungrouped (deactivating them is not enough) before performing the flip. I tested the rotation too and the same happens.

I wonder if the intention was to make the tool affect every vitruvian bone in the group (but correctly of course), or only the selected one, because I can see how affecting every vitruvian bone could be handy in some cases, however in my case I only wanted to affect the selected vitruvian bone.

I made a quick demo in case you cant to test it. It's just a simple 2 arms Vitruvian group. To reproduce the issue just select one V-bone and transform it with the transform rig tool.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiyKCw6Xey5Tgp0kUB4 ... g?e=c5udvp

Have a nice day!
Hello! When working with the Vitruvian Bones, the script automatically finds all the bones that are part of the Vitruvian group, but not the layers. That is, all layers with a vector always need to be selected manually.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

KuzKuz wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:54 pm
Hello! When working with the Vitruvian Bones, the script automatically finds all the bones that are part of the Vitruvian group, but not the layers. That is, all layers with a vector always need to be selected manually.
Of course, that makes sense. Sorry, my mind had a lapse there.
KuzKuz

Re: MR Transform Rig Tool 1.2.3

Post by KuzKuz »

MR Transform Rig Tool version 1.2.3

Changelog:
1. Fixed a bug where, in some situations, flipping parts of the rig caused incorrect adjustments of bone rotations in actions.
2. Fixed a bug where duplicating a bodypart resulted in smartbones having incorrect bone angle animation.

Download link: https://mohoscripts.com/script/mr_transform_rig_tool
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

oh! I'm pretty sure I ran into that problem when flipping a hand rig. I wasn't sure if I did something wrong. Thanks for keeping the tool updated, it is amazing.
lucasfranca

Post by lucasfranca »

KuzKuz wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:17 pm MR Transform Rig Tool version 1.2.3

Changelog:
1. Fixed a bug where, in some situations, flipping parts of the rig caused incorrect adjustments of bone rotations in actions.
2. Fixed a bug where duplicating a bodypart resulted in smartbones having incorrect bone angle animation.

Download link: https://mohoscripts.com/script/mr_transform_rig_tool
Thank you very much for your efforts! I had a problem here with this update:

Code: Select all

...ive\Moho\Moho Pro\Scripts\Tool\mr_transform_rig_tool.lua:5996: attempt to index a nil value (local 'sBone')
An old guy [since 1983] who was raised in front of the TV.
Passionate about animation, after getting old, he decides to make it his hobby.

I share tutorials, reviews, tips and tricks from this vast world of animation on my channel.

https://youtube.com/animai2D
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

Daxel wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:48 pm oh! I'm pretty sure I ran into that problem when flipping a hand rig. I wasn't sure if I did something wrong. Thanks for keeping the tool updated, it is amazing.
Thanks!
lucasfranca wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:12 pm Thank you very much for your efforts! I had a problem here with this update:

Code: Select all

...ive\Moho\Moho Pro\Scripts\Tool\mr_transform_rig_tool.lua:5996: attempt to index a nil value (local 'sBone')
Updated the script on the website. This should protect against the error.