MR Transform Rig Tool 1.2.4

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

mohgirl

Re: MR Transform Rig Tool

Post by mohgirl »

When using the plug-in, I found that if the big arm, small arm and hand are on a vector layer, I will make mistakes when using the plug-in's mobile tool. But it is no problem to nest this vector layer into a group. So you have to create groups for each part?
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

mohgirl wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:05 pm When using the plug-in, I found that if the big arm, small arm and hand are on a vector layer, I will make mistakes when using the plug-in's mobile tool. But it is no problem to nest this vector layer into a group. So you have to create groups for each part?
Can you demonstrate the issue in a video?
Maybe there is an opportunity to share a Moho file for testing.
It is not necessary to send your characters.
You can create a minimalistic skeleton as an example that will reproduce the problem.
mohgirl

Post by mohgirl »

KuzKuz wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:24 pm
mohgirl wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:05 pm When using the plug-in, I found that if the big arm, small arm and hand are on a vector layer, I will make mistakes when using the plug-in's mobile tool. But it is no problem to nest this vector layer into a group. So you have to create groups for each part?
Can you demonstrate the issue in a video?
Maybe there is an opportunity to share a Moho file for testing.
It is not necessary to send your characters.
You can create a minimalistic skeleton as an example that will reproduce the problem.
Sorry, I found that the problem is my own model, which has nothing to do with the script.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Today I duplicated a left hand to make a right hand. Everything worked as expected except for actions without smartbones (normal actions and morphs): those actions were duplicated and correctly named on the vector layers, but not on the bone layer.

So for example if I had a "close hand L" normal action that closes the L hand using bone animation and vector animation, duplicating the L hand creates a "close hand R" action on the newly created hand R vector layer but the action is not created on the bone layer, losing the bone animation. At the same time, the original "close hand L" action on the bone layer now contains the bone animation for the R hand bones too.

Is there something I can do to have the normal actions duplicated with both the bone animation and the vector animation?
Last edited by Daxel on Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

I case someone find it useful, right now my manual workarround is:

Go to the bone layer, get inside the original action, select the animated bones of the new hand R, go to the time line and cut (Ctrl + X) the red keyframes.

Still on the bone layer, create a new action named exactly as the duplicated action on the hand R vector layer, in this case "close hand R", so the action on the bone layer is automatically linked to the one on the vector layer by its name.

Go inside the newly created "close hand R" action on the bone layer and paste the bone animation keyframes.

But this has to be done for each normal/morph action.
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

Hi, I will make sure to look into the problem when I have some free time.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

KuzKuz wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:56 pm Hi, I will make sure to look into the problem when I have some free time.
Thank you!
TheMinahBird

Post by TheMinahBird »

Has anyone using this script ran into an issue of actions being weird upon flipping a duplicated joint?

Like for instance, I've noticed that only one action was copied when I rotate my smart bone (it rotates in both directions). When I turn it the other direction, nothing!

Then there's also translation issues I've noticed too. I duplicated a head, then flipped it. Parts started moving on the Y axis when they initially moved on theX.
"Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure; men love in haste but they detest at leisure" - Lord Byron
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

TheMinahBird wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:03 am Has anyone using this script ran into an issue of actions being weird upon flipping a duplicated joint?

Like for instance, I've noticed that only one action was copied when I rotate my smart bone (it rotates in both directions). When I turn it the other direction, nothing!

Then there's also translation issues I've noticed too. I duplicated a head, then flipped it. Parts started moving on the Y axis when they initially moved on theX.
Can you make a video demonstration of the problem and attach the Moho file for analysis?
TheMinahBird

Post by TheMinahBird »

Sure!

https://clipchamp.com/watch/VWHMhtM0awW

Here's a little context since there's no audio:

The head I duplicated doesn't have both actions copied, and it translates weirdly upon flipping it. But it will act kind of okay before being flipped.

Also here's the .moho file, https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtLh9vnveOfxhO4Ls4b ... g?e=hGIVBZ
"Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure; men love in haste but they detest at leisure" - Lord Byron
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

Thank you for the demonstration. Could you please send the original file where duplication has not yet been applied?
TheMinahBird

Post by TheMinahBird »

KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

Thank you, I managed to replicate the issue where the second action is not duplicated. I will try to figure out what the problem is.
mohgirl

Post by mohgirl »

When I copied the head from one model to another, this pop-up window appeared only once and never appeared later,
https://ibb.co/Svg7956
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

Hello, I need examples of files to test the script on, as everyone has their own approach to work.
This script is very complex, and I will try to find time to understand the issues, but currently, I'm going through a difficult period and am unable to tackle this right now.