why the file keeps loading??

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

j.jabi

why the file keeps loading??

Post by j.jabi »

Hi guys. i need help with these two problems. The first one is the long wait to open the file and it keeps for hours with "opening document".
The second one is the error "Could not open file" very well known but as I don't have the autosave I don't know what I can do. The file is big I know but it is because it is one where I have all the parts attached to one file and that's why I don't worry too much. If anyone can help me thank you and sorry for my broken English.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Hi!
Greenlaw

Re: why the file keeps loading??

Post by Greenlaw »

Sorry, I don't have a solution but here's what I found...

The first file seems to take forever to open, just as you described. When I checked Moho's status in Task Manager, it appears to be crashed. I ended the task as I don't think it's ever going to open.

The second file give me the same error you got. I'm guessing it's corrupted as well.

I tried opening the files in Moho 13.5.5 and 12.5.

I hope you did incremental saves while working on these files so you can regress to a still working version. If not, you may have to write these off to experience.

Hopefully, somebody with more knowledge about repairing Moho's file format will take a look soon. Good luck! 😺
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

The t1 file is just corrupted. You can't even open the archive. Don't know how that happens without more info.

The larger file is way too large. It's over 33MB, even though the file archive is 1.92MB. It's too large to even open in Notepad. Have to use a hex editor to diagnose. That file is incomplete. When you have that large of a file, you have to give Moho time to write the file without interruption.

You're much better off assembling your scenes in a dedicate video editor, as Moho is not optimized to do so, even though it can handle some NLE tasks.
j.jabi

Post by j.jabi »

Thank you very much for all the advice. Previously the same thing had already happened to me, that's why I have some copies saved, I just wanted to recover the last part since it had cost me my back... but it's ok haha.
Hi!
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I'm assuming this is a multi-scene project file? If so, yes, do as Synthsin75 suggests: for efficiency and stability, break out your production's scenes into multiple project files, and render image sequences or video clips form each project separately. Then you can assemble the footage in a video editor.

If you don't have a video editor, you can create a new Moho project to assemble the final edit. But I highly recommend getting a dedicated video editor for this purpose. There are many decent editors out there and a few of them are free.

A typical animation production workflow...

1. Create an animatic in a video editor. This is to establish the timing and sound for your full production. Tip: don't animate anything until you have an animatic.
2. Mark up the animatic timeline into individual scenes and export a separate clip for each scene. (I normally export a low quality JPG image sequence with a separate audio track. This insures frame-to-frame accuracy and it streams well even across a slow network.)
3. Import a single animatic reference clip to Moho and use it as a reference for your animation. Render the finished animation as a single scene.
4. Import the scene render to your animatic and overcut the scene on the timeline. Since you based your Moho animation on the animatic's timing, it should cut in perfectly.
5. After you've overcut the entire animatic timeline with finished animation footage, you can tighten up, remix, and polish the edit as needed.
6. Render the video editor timeline and you're done.

Depending on your production needs It can be get more complex, but that's the basics in a nutshell. Hope this helps.