MR Curve Tool 4.1

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Greenlaw

Re: MR Curve Tool 4

Post by Greenlaw »

Excellent! MR Curve is still my favorite drawing tool for Moho! Happy to see support continuing for Moho 14.

Thank you, KuzKuz!
EricTheFish

Post by EricTheFish »

KuzKuz wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:37 pm 2. New Single Curve Mode in which you can modify the curvature and how many points the curve should be split into.
Hi Eugene, I'm on Win10 and installed v4 script into both Moho v13.5.5 and v14.
I'm not seeing any options for Single Curve mode either on the menubar or in the sidebar tools on both versions of Moho. I can see a Single Curve icon PNG in the Resources folder.
I tried clicking on the Curve Mode button but nothing changes. Everything else is working as expected. Am I doing something wrong?
EricTheFish
Artist, musician, animator, coder and dabbler in stuff
www.tech-nique.co.uk
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

EricTheFish wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:05 pm
KuzKuz wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:37 pm 2. New Single Curve Mode in which you can modify the curvature and how many points the curve should be split into.
Hi Eugene, I'm on Win10 and installed v4 script into both Moho v13.5.5 and v14.
I'm not seeing any options for Single Curve mode either on the menubar or in the sidebar tools on both versions of Moho. I can see a Single Curve icon PNG in the Resources folder.
I tried clicking on the Curve Mode button but nothing changes. Everything else is working as expected. Am I doing something wrong?
Hello. Can you make a screen capture and demonstrate how it works for you?
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

Hello, anyone using MR Curve Tool 4, I need your help. Can you give me feedback on whether the tool is working without issues for you? If there are any problems, please send a video recording demonstrating them.
BigBoiiiJones

Post by BigBoiiiJones »

KuzKuz wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:41 pm Hello, anyone using MR Curve Tool 4, I need your help. Can you give me feedback on whether the tool is working without issues for you? If there are any problems, please send a video recording demonstrating them.
I saw on Discord someone saying the points option on single curve tool don't pop up and can confirm its not working for me either. I'm really busy and cant capture video sadly but I can at least confirm I'm duplicating the same issue. It seems when the single curve isn't selected and you launch the software with regular Mr Curve Tool the points option doesn't pop up.

Not necessarily a issue but a request but can we have a taper option for end strokes that are done with both regular and single curve tool and any extra points added will adapt or slightly change the taper when drawing extension of said line? It could help with creating interesting line width variety. Clip Studio has it with their curve tools as well.
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

Tested the Single Curve feature on Win & Mac and it toggles OK on Mac, but not Win. As others already described, on Win you need to change tool & back to get the relevant toolbar elements.

Mac

Win
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

I would love to have a lasso selection option.

I noticed a visual glitch of the cursor icon when I move the move between one created point and the next: the little original cross icon of the transform points tool appears and dissapears. It seems to happen when the mouse movement leaves the red dot a little bit behind.

Weld and autoweld are not working for shapes of 2 points: I create a point, then a second one, and then try to form a circle going back to the first point to make a weld but autoweld is not triggered and manual welding doesn't work.

I will keep reporting, I just started officially using this tool. The features and the support are awesome. Sorry for the lack of videos I don't have time this morning but let me know if something is not clear and I will try to make a video later.
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

Thank you for the help! I've updated the script to version 4.0.4.
It seems like I've fixed the Single curve mode and the cursor glitch. But I need confirmation.
I'll think about the lasso in future versions. As for closing the curve with two points, that is intentional.
Such curves behave incorrectly in Moho. Their Bezier handles get twisted.
You can try to create such a curve using the Add Points Tool and see what comes of it.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

You are right about the bezier problem, Kuzkuz. I didn't know.

I can confirm the cursor glitch is solved.

I think it would be very useful to be able to sort by "Last modified" in mohoscripts.com. Sometimes I check the site just to see if there are updates of any of my favourite scripts, but I have to check one by one and see if they have been updated recently. The site already saves the "Last modified" date but there is no search or sorting options for it:

Uploaded: Jun 25 2023, 07:52
Last modified: Sep 12 2023, 11:51
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

Thank you for the help. I've finally added a video for version 4.

Download link: https://mohoscripts.com/script/mr_curve_tool
EricTheFish

Post by EricTheFish »

KuzKuz wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:48 pm Hello. Can you make a screen capture and demonstrate how it works for you?
Hi Eugene, sorry for the late response. My issue was the same as described by SimplSam, I upgraded to v4.05 and can confirm that the tool is working as expected now. Thanks for a great tool!
EricTheFish
Artist, musician, animator, coder and dabbler in stuff
www.tech-nique.co.uk
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

Thank you, I've added another small feature, Draw Behind, in version 4.0.6.
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

KuzKuz wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:28 pm Thank you, I've added another small feature, Draw Behind, in version 4.0.6.
That is definitely a feature missing from the Freehand tool.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

KuzKuz wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:28 pm Thank you, I've added another small feature, Draw Behind, in version 4.0.6.
Whaaaa...? That's so cool! Eugene, thank you for continuing to improve your excellent drawing tool! :D
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

Thank you for using it!