MR Curve Tool 4.1

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Hoptoad

Re: MR Curve Tool 3.0 RC1

Post by Hoptoad »

Greenlaw wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:26 am If you still have a problem with this, look in the Tools folder again and open the file called _tools_list.txt. This is the settings file for how the tools are organized in the Tools window. Scroll down to the bottom and see if MR Curve is listed twice. If it is, delete one of the entries.
Success! That was it, the _tools_list.txt was the problem. Thanks for your help.

I must have accidentally deleted it a day or two ago while deleting scripts that I no longer used. When I couldn't find it, I checked the trash can and there it was. So I put it back and the extra button went away.

Sorry for disrupting this thread with a problem of my own creation.

Back on topic: This script is great! :D
Greenlaw

Re: MR Curve Tool 3.0 RC1

Post by Greenlaw »

@Hoptoad,

If the _tools_list.txt file somehow gets lost again, you can always regenerate it.

Just go to Preferences > Tool Layout and click the Restore Factory Defaults button. This will create brand new _tools_list.txt file with the default arrangement of the tools. You will still have your custom tools in the Tools window but they will all appear at the bottom in the 'Other' category.

If you had previously created any custom categories or placed the tools in a preferred order, this data will be gone, but you can re-create them using the Tools Layout window.

When I have a particular Tools arrangement I like, I make a backup of the current settings file. To do this, simply duplicate the file and add 'backup' or 'BU' to the filename. You can keep the file here because Moho will ignore it when name isn't exactly _tools_list.txt. Now, if I somehow mess up my settings, I just replace it with this one by changing the name back to _tools_list.txt.

Hope this helps.
KuzKuz

Re: MR Curve Tool 3.0

Post by KuzKuz »

Version 3.0 new features:
1. Added support for non-zero frame tool operation
2. Added Sharp corners option
3. Added the ability to use Shift for moving a point horizontally or vertically only
4. Added the ability to use Esc to end the curve at the last point created
5. Added grid snapping support for points
6. Added option to disable Bezier handles activation while drawing
7. Added ability to set cursor distance for activating Bezier handles
8. Added ability to select point by clicking on it
9. Added ability to delete selected points using Del key
10. Added the ability to move a selected point
11. Added the ability to weld a point by moving it onto another point or curve
12. Enter key now welds point to another point or curve in drawing mode
13. Now you can move the just-created point on the segment
14. Added ability to use Ctrl key to adjust curvature while moving a point
15. Added ability to use Alt key for unlocking neighboring Bezier handles when moving a point
16. You can control Bezier handles when one point is selected
17. Added an option to show Bezier handles for all points or just the selected one
18. Now, to continue an existing curve, double-click the existing point
19. Added the ability to select multiple points using Shift + Alt keys
- Add to selection using Ctrl + Shift + Alt keys
- Remove from selection using Ctrl + Alt keys
20. Added the ability to transform multiple points at once
- Added Skew transformation mode
- Added Distort transformation mode
- Added the ability to reset the pivot position with a double-click
- Added ability to deselect points by double-clicking away from pivot
21. Added options to enable/disable Transform Box controllers for Skew and Distort
22. Bug fixes

Download link: https://mohoscripts.com/script/mr_curve_tool
chucky

Post by chucky »

Amazing again Eugene!
JoelMayer

Post by JoelMayer »

Amazing work, this should be the default tool in Moho imo. Also the display weirdness in macOS is gone, works like a charm now :) Thanks so much!
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

Thanks!
KuzKuz

Re: MR Curve Tool 3.0.1

Post by KuzKuz »

Updated the script to version 3.0.1.
Fixed a bug with incorrect drawing of Bezier handles when the layer was in a group that had a transformation.
mmmaarten

Post by mmmaarten »

KuzKuz wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:58 am Updated the script to version 3.0.1.
Fixed a bug with incorrect drawing of Bezier handles when the layer was in a group that had a transformation.
Cool! This is by far one of the most favorite scripts I'm using last days and it keeps making me happy instantly every time! :D Thanks a lot for this!
Adults should play more often
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

mmmaarten wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 8:07 pm
KuzKuz wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:58 am Updated the script to version 3.0.1.
Cool! This is by far one of the most favorite scripts I'm using last days and it keeps making me happy instantly every time! :D Thanks a lot for this!
Thank you for the feedback! I'm always happy when my scripts help the Moho community.
BigBoiiiJones

Post by BigBoiiiJones »

Just curious is there a way to have a drawing mode like standard curve tools like in Clip Studio or CACANi? It'd be cool if you could assign a certain amount of points to as well like 3, 4, 5, etc... I always preferred cleaning up with curve tools.
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

I'm afraid I didn't understand the question.
This tool was inspired by the tools from Clip Studio and CACANi. In my opinion, it turned out to be even more functional as it combines several modes at once.
Could you please explain what you meant by "assign a certain amount of points"?
Auto-creation of intermediate points?
BigBoiiiJones

Post by BigBoiiiJones »

KuzKuz wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:54 am I'm afraid I didn't understand the question.
This tool was inspired by the tools from Clip Studio and CACANi. In my opinion, it turned out to be even more functional as it combines several modes at once.
Could you please explain what you meant by "assign a certain amount of points"?
Auto-creation of intermediate points?
So basically like the gif I captured You just click and drag to a end point and you wiggle your mouse around until you get the right curve and the amount of points will be for generating the amount of points between each path.

It's a gif so you need to go to the url by clicking the image.
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

Thank you for the explanation.
I believe this could be possible, but certainly not as part of the MR Curve Tool.
Personally, I rarely use this approach. If anyone else needs such a tool, please let me know.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Oh for heaven's sake. Now I have to relearn how to draw again. I spent years moaning and groaning that Adobe products wouldn't draw the same as Moho. :D :D :D
Just kidding. This is AWESOME and I agree it would be great to see this as a built-in option in Moho. However, this tool works so freaking well they can work on more important stuff. :D
mmmaarten

Post by mmmaarten »

KuzKuz wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 3:19 pm Thank you for the explanation.
I believe this could be possible, but certainly not as part of the MR Curve Tool.
Personally, I rarely use this approach. If anyone else needs such a tool, please let me know.
Hi KuzKuz,

Happy user of your MR Curve Tool here!
Would it be possible to make the tool automatically select the just created shape to directly use it in the Styles panel (put the Styles panel in SHAPE mode)?
That would prevent us from needing to use the Select SHape tool after creating a shape just to switch the style.
(So like the Add Points tool does)

That would be awesome!

Thanks for considering! :D
Adults should play more often