MR Curve Tool 4.1

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

KuzKuz

Re: MR Curve Tool 4

Post by KuzKuz »

The script has been updated to version 4.0.7. Fixed a bug with Bezier handles on FBF layers.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Hi Eugene!

Today, I re-watched all four videos for MR Curve, and I'm so glad I did that because I was missing out on several features!

I encountered a problem with one feature: When I use Ctrl+Alt to subtract from the current selection of points, as shown in the 3.0 video, MR Curve instead deselects everything. Has this shortcut changed in 4.0? (4.0.9.)

Thanks in advance for any tips!
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

Hello, it seems to be a bug, I'll try to look into fixing it tomorrow.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Hi Eugene!

Thanks for looking into it. This bug is not a show-stopper, so whenever it's convenient for you is much appreciated.

Here's another one I found this morning...

In this example, I'm using the Ctrl key to make sharp corners on the ends and no key to make the Smooth point in the middle. The created shape looks good, except the sharp corners are not actually 'peaked' and they do not have rounded edges. I get the round edges only after I select the points and apply Peak.

Also, if I don't 'peak' the sharp corner points, and I try to move them using the Transform Points tool, the point does not move. Instead, a Bezier handle gets drawn out.

BTW, I've been using MR Curve constantly this week and it's been fantastic even with these small errors. My mousing arm and wrist thank you! Please keep up the excellent work! :D
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

Greenlaw wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:40 pm Hi Eugene!

Thanks for looking into it. This bug is not a show-stopper, so whenever it's convenient for you is much appreciated.

Here's another one I found this morning...

In this example, I'm using the Ctrl key to make sharp corners on the ends and no key to make the Smooth point in the middle. The created shape looks good, except the sharp corners are not actually 'peaked' and they do not have rounded edges. I get the round edges only after I select the points and apply Peak.

Also, if I don't 'peak' the sharp corner points, and I try to move them using the Transform Points tool, the point does not move. Instead, a Bezier handle gets drawn out.

BTW, I've been using MR Curve constantly this week and it's been fantastic even with these small errors. My mousing arm and wrist thank you! Please keep up the excellent work! :D
This is not a bug, it's a workaround for a bug. If a point has a curvature of 0, then creating points with Fixed Bezier on neighboring segments will result in broken handles. Therefore, the Curve Tool will create points with a curvature of 0.001 so that points can be added to the segments without broken handles.

I think I can make this optional, in case there is a need to create simple shapes rather than drawing complex figures.
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

Version 4.1 for testing.
Ctrl+Alt now should remove the selection from points. Also, I've added the option 'Use Peak for corners'.
Please let me know if everything works well and nothing is broken, so I can publish this version on mohoscripts.
Download the script - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I5aQ_s ... sp=sharing
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

KuzKuz wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:50 pm This is not a bug, it's a workaround for a bug. If a point has a curvature of 0, then creating points with Fixed Bezier on neighboring segments will result in broken handles. Therefore, the Curve Tool will create points with a curvature of 0.001 so that points can be added to the segments without broken handles.

I think I can make this optional, in case there is a need to create simple shapes rather than drawing complex figures.
Oooh...this seems to be related to an Add Points bug (already reported) I ran into shortly after seeing this MR Curve behavior.

Thanks for explaining why MR Curve is doing that. The fix might be good, but just being aware of this for now is helpful.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

KuzKuz wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:40 pm Version 4.1 for testing.
That was fast! Thank you, Eugene. I'll be using this version today.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Ctrl+Alt to subtract from a selection works now.

The new Use Peak For Corners option is working well for my example. I'll work with this option on and off throughout the day to make sure I understand the practical uses. I will let you know how that goes.

Thanks for addressing this so quickly! :D
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Hi Eugene,

I've been working with MR Curve 4.1 most of the day, and I have a better understanding of when to use the Use Peak For Corners option. I was drawing many small tears in clothing, and enabling the option helped there. It was when I started drawing larger, curvy items where I had to go back and insert many smooth points that I found it was better to turn this option off.

Thanks for adding this option. So far, 4.1 is working out well for me! :D
Last edited by Greenlaw on Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

Thank you for the feedback. I have published version 4.1 on mohoscripts.