Invisible camera keyframes on actions

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Daxel

Invisible camera keyframes on actions

Post by Daxel »

Windows 10, Moho 13.5.5.

If I create an action (tested with regular actions), select the Move Camera tool, and create a keyframe anywhere on the action's timeline, the expected camera keyframes will be created and will be visible for an instant before dissapearing. These camera keyframes will keep affecting the animation, but they won't be visible on the timeline and can't be deleted.

Maybe you are not supposed to create camera keyframes on an action for some technical limitation, but in that case Moho should prevent you from creating them, instead of making them invisible, right?

Workarround
Even if you try to not create camera keyframes inside actions, it is normal to save animation made on the main timeline on an action, selecting the main timeline and pressing "insert copy". That workflow will insert the camera keyframes from the main timeline so right now you should cut those, create the action, insert the copy without camera keyframes, go back to the main timeline and paste the camera keyframes back where they were.
synthsin75

Re: Invisible camera keyframes on actions

Post by synthsin75 »

I've already reported that bug. Since actions cannot include camera keyframes, they just end up on the main timeline, while you're not editing it.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

synthsin75 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:02 am I've already reported that bug. Since actions cannot include camera keyframes, they just end up on the main timeline, while you're not editing it.
Oh you are right, so it's not exactly how I thought. If I understood correctly, the camera keyframes are created on the action but automatically moved to the main timeline, which can create a lot of confusion. And even if those keyframes are only on the main timeline now, they keep affecting the animation you see on the action's timeline.

Thank you Wes.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

This bug seems to be fixed in Moho 14.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Yep, they just made the camera tools unavailable in actions.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

synthsin75 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:55 am Yep, they just made the camera tools unavailable in actions.
Yes and they also fixed this:

"Even if you try to not create camera keyframes inside actions, it is normal to save animation made on the main timeline on an action, selecting the main timeline and pressing "insert copy". That workflow will insert the camera keyframes from the main timeline."
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Nice! I hadn't noticed that.