Any software to easily create separate audio tracks for scenes from animatic?

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Greenlaw

Re: Any software to easily create separate audio tracks for scenes from animatic?

Post by Greenlaw »

I don't use Davinci Resolve but it comes with a composting program called Fusion, and I'm a HUGE fan of that program.

I used Fusion at Rhythm & Hues for 12 years on hundreds of of commercials, video game cinematics, and feature film fx. It's similar to Nuke (which I use at my current workplace) but I always found Fusion easier and friendlier to use...and Fusion is a lot less expensive too. I believe the version of Fusion that comes with Davinci Resolve is missing a few features compared to the standalone version but it's still incredibly capable. To keep this relevant, I used Fusion to composite my first Moho cartoon Scareplane.

If I ever decide to leave Vegas Pro, I'd seriously consider switching to Davinci Resolve. (My license of Fusion came with Resolve so I really should check it out.)
mmmaarten

Re: Any software to easily create separate audio tracks for scenes from animatic?

Post by mmmaarten »

Greenlaw wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:13 pm I don't use Davinci Resolve but it comes with a composting program called Fusion, and I'm a HUGE fan of that program.

I used Fusion at Rhythm & Hues for 12 years on hundreds of of commercials, video game cinematics, and feature film fx. It's similar to Nuke (which I use at my current workplace) but I always found Fusion easier and friendlier to use...and Fusion is a lot less expensive too. I believe the version of Fusion that comes with Davinci Resolve is missing a few features compared to the standalone version but it's still incredibly capable. To keep this relevant, I used Fusion to composite my first Moho cartoon Scareplane.

If I ever decide to leave Vegas Pro, I'd seriously consider switching to Davinci Resolve. (My license of Fusion came with Resolve so I really should check it out.)
Yeah, I use Davinci Resolve Studio for some years now and it's fantastic. Not only the editor and Fusion are great. The color corrector is where it all started and is top notch. The broadcast company I worked for in the past used it way before it all started to become affordable as an editor. And it became way better even since. It's waaaay more than a correct corrector nowadays. It does complete automatic replacements, motion tracking, auto fills, facial recognision etc. So many great AI tools inside this software. Also in the Fairlight audio editor that's there.

You can even name faces the software found in video and search people in the film by name.

Also the Fairlight audio editor it has has AI functions. To do things like REALLY extract the voices from the video. I've heard people even extracting the speech from videos with music in the background (even mono music) and you just couldn't hear the music no mor. That couldn't be done before AI and is pretty cool.

The latest Davinci even let's you transcribe a video in the media panel to text and do auto subtitling of your video. But the best thing about that is that you can now search for a passage in your video by searching a word in the spoken text inside the video. If you click on a word inside the text transcription the timeline jumps to the corresponding video timecode. So in a matter of seconds you now find text in video, which took forever to do before because you needed to listen the whole video until you found it before.
Adults should play more often
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Sounds good! Will definitely check it out.

I still use Vegas Pro on personal projects, but last spring, I bought a second license of Fusion Studio because I needed the software key for my new laptop, and BMD no longer offers free exchanges for the USB TYPE-A dongle. Since I now own two licenses of Resolve Studio, I really should be using it. :P