Any news on Moho 14?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Designspaceman

Any news on Moho 14?

Post by Designspaceman »

Hey Animators,
I wonder if there are any rumors on Moho 14. Don't want to be impatient. I'm just curious... :-)
Greenlaw

Re: Any news on Moho 14?

Post by Greenlaw »

Nothing official yet. When Lost Marble is ready to share anything I'm sure you will hear about it in this forum and elsewhere.

Unofficially, I'm aware that they are busy working on it. :D
Last edited by Greenlaw on Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Designspaceman

Post by Designspaceman »

Yes, I know. I should be more patient. :D
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Do you mean like Extrusion and Lathing? That's available under in a vector layer's Layer settings.

Or do you mean importing 3D objects to Moho? I think we used to have that but In my experience, it's better and easier to do it the other way around: animate the 3D objects in a 3D animation program and import the Moho 2D animation to the 3D program for integration. (For decades, I did that using LightWave but more recently I've been using Blender. Blender is well suited for this sort of thing.)
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

I have been using Moho for more than 10 years. The team really make it better with all new versions but I still need lots of things and I wish the team will add these to the new Moho.
Before everything, sorry because of my English. I wish you will understand me.

1- Render pause button (I really need this so much)
2- Render finished sound effect (Like Media Encoder. I need to hear a sound effect to understand that the exporting process is finished)
3- Round rectangles (I am using Mynd Tools for this but it has some little issues. I wish this feature will added officially)
4- Lock and unlock layers
5- Align tools like Photoshop or Illustrator
6- Inner, Outer and Center strokes. I think Moho's vector strokes isnt look good. It has to be upgraded
7- Saveable easing curves. (Like Flow extension of After Effects) https://aescripts.com/flow/
8- Layer names to Switch Selection Panel (I am using Switch Selection Panel for lip syncs but I cant see the names of the layers so it will be easier to use it with layer names)
9- Reverse selection option
10- Snapping bezier handles (maybe with Shift button)
11- Chromatic Aberattion effect. It will be so nice if the layer has a option like this. I use this effect usually with After Effects.
12- Able to cut sound layer and transform the next part to another frame. If this feature will come, I will do all sound editing job in Moho.
13- Disable some layers from Next and Previous Frame button. Sometimes I need to go to the next keyframe for only the layer I work on. I want to mute all keyframes on other layers.
14- and lastly sometimes I render most of the scene as PNG Sequence and then I want to render only the missing parts.
For example the whole scene is 1000 frame but it has some missing parts but I don't want to find them one by one.
I wish the Moho exporter first scan the folder and export only the missing frames.

Possibly if I think I would find lots of things like these but these are really important. I would like to have an option to import latest version AI files without distort and correct colors. Also I would like to have an option to symmetrical drawing based on axis in real time.

I am really so happy to know that finally correct people developing the software so I have really big hopes about the new releases of the Moho.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

onurdemirsoy wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:19 pm 3- Round rectangles (I am using Mynd Tools for this but it has some little issues. I wish this feature will added officially)
Hayasidists' shape tool also does rounded rectangles: https://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewto ... 64#p198264
Lock layer tool here: viewtopic.php?p=167236#p167236
Edit>Select Inverse (Ctrl+I)
onurbeiren

Post by onurbeiren »

:D Waiting for the return of fbf bitmap :D
:arrow: :arrow: Image :!: - :idea:
https://www.youtube.com/user/animadorporacaso
Creator of the first Group Brazilian Anime Studio(Moho Pro 12): https://www.facebook.com/groups/998442436875703/
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

The main thing I want for version 14 is one tiny, little thing: to see a picture of my Moho project appear on my folder icon, so I can tell projects apart visually. I'm on a Mac, and all my files look the same: little orange circle with an "m" in the middle. Sigh. It really puts a lot of pressure on me to name my files in a sensible manner.

Instead, we'll probably get yet another new kind of bones to learn. Inflatable bones. Abstract bones. Funky bones.

Stop it with the bones already, Lost Marble. Give me a picture on my folder!

:D
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

synthsin75 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:32 pm
onurdemirsoy wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:19 pm 3- Round rectangles (I am using Mynd Tools for this but it has some little issues. I wish this feature will added officially)
Hayasidists' shape tool also does rounded rectangles: https://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewto ... 64#p198264
Lock layer tool here: viewtopic.php?p=167236#p167236
Edit>Select Inverse (Ctrl+I)
Thank you. Well the rounded rectangle tool isn't good. I just checked it but it doesn't solve my issues but reverse selection option is so nice. Thank you.
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

onurdemirsoy wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:19 pm 1- Render pause button (I really need this so much)
2- Render finished sound effect (Like Media Encoder. I need to hear a sound effect to understand that the exporting process is finished)
14- and lastly sometimes I render most of the scene as PNG Sequence and then I want to render only the missing parts. For example the whole scene is 1000 frame but it has some missing parts but I don't want to find them one by one. I wish the Moho exporter first scan the folder and export only the missing frames.

I would like to have an option to import latest version AI files without distort and correct colors.
For rendering - you could build your own render pipeline using the "Command Line Renderer" (see end of Help Manual). You can set the range of Frames to render and could potentially break a single PNG-based render into smaller segments allowing you to 'pause' the overall render between segments; play fanfare sound at end, detect (own script) and re-render missing frames.

For AI Import - you can try the all new SS SVG Import tool viewtopic.php?t=35438 - which is very Illustrator SVG friendly. Export as SVG from Illustrator and Import (with the tool) into Moho - retaining Shape, Colors, Folders, Naming & Sanity ...
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

onurdemirsoy wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:48 am
Thank you. Well the rounded rectangle tool isn't good. I just checked it but it doesn't solve my issues ...
always happy to have feedback on what can be done to improve the tool... what exactly do you need from a round cornered rectangle tool?

There's a new build of the shape toolset coming "soon" - that adds a smoother curve to the corner and also allows interactive re-sizing of the corners and shape ...
sneak preview here
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

hayasidist wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:18 pm
Thank you. Well the rounded rectangle tool isn't good. I just checked it but it doesn't solve my issues ...
always happy to have feedback on what can be done to improve the tool... what exactly do you need from a round cornered rectangle tool?

There's a new build of the shape toolset coming "soon" - that adds a smoother curve to the corner and also allows interactive re-sizing of the corners and shape ...
sneak preview here
Wow this new upgrade looks awesome. I already use your tool but the old rounded rectangles doesn't look so good. I need something like on the left side. Thank you so much for this tool.

hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

onurdemirsoy wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:48 pm Wow this new upgrade looks awesome. I already use your tool but the old rounded rectangles doesn't look so good. I need something like on the left side. Thank you so much for this tool.
Thanks - and yeah - the "smoother corners" option should fix that (it adds extra points where the curves touch the straights). (I made a decision NOT to use bezier because of the headaches it can cause when animating - which is what I assume would be needed to produce the "good" curve in your example).
lucasfranca

Post by lucasfranca »

hayasidist wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:18 pm

sneak preview here
Holy crap, what an amazing update! When will it be available for download?
An old guy [since 1983] who was raised in front of the TV.
Passionate about animation, after getting old, he decides to make it his hobby.

I share tutorials, reviews, tips and tricks from this vast world of animation on my channel.

https://youtube.com/animai2D
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

lucasfranca wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:47 pm ...
Holy crap, what an amazing update! When will it be available for download?
It's being given a good thrashing to make sure it's robust enough to survive in the harsh world outside my cushy test environment..... my plan is to release it into the wild before 2023 (so 6 weeks or so if it doesn't break!) :D :wink: