How to keyframe opacity?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Nickle

How to keyframe opacity?

Post by Nickle »

Hi everyone!

I just purchased Moho Pro with intention of animating psd. files only.

I've imported a test file and I'm struggling to find an option to keyframe opacity.
For example, if I just wanted a particular layer to pop into screen (or out), I assume there's an option somewhere to keyframe the opacity to 0% then back up to 100% (like you would in After Effects?).
I noticed whenever I touched the opacity properties in general it just affected the whole layer as if it wasn't in use, rather than having an ability to keyframe it?

I really hope this might be possible?
Thank you for your help :)
synthsin75

Re: How to keyframe opacity?

Post by synthsin75 »

In the layer settings, general tab, "Allow animated layer effects" checkbox.
Nickle

Post by Nickle »

synthsin75 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:19 pm In the layer settings, general tab, "Allow animated layer effects" checkbox.
Ah, you're amazing!
Thank you for your quick reply :)
I appreciate the help!
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Nickle wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:09 pm ...For example, if I just wanted a particular layer to pop into screen (or out)...
Optionally, you can keyframe Visibility. This is a check box in Layer Settings that you can toggle off and on, so no need to dial in 0%-100 values. Bonus tip: this option doesn't require Allow Animated Layer Effects to be enabled, it's always keyframeable.

Another way to keyframe Visibility is to double-click on an existing* Visibility keyframe in the Timeline. This toggles it off and on. I use this method when I'm setting up complex Smart Bone actions. It's much quicker than jumping in and out of the Layer Settings window and clicking on the check box.

Update: I wanted to double-check in Moho before mentioning this but it doesn't even need to be on an existing keyframe...you can double-click anywhere on the Visibility's timeline channel and Moho will create a new keyframe; then double-click the new keyframe to toggle its state. You just need to first create 1 Visibility keyframe to be able to do this; after that, you can double-click anywhere in the channel.
Falcus

Post by Falcus »

Please I don't understand the double clicking part of the visibility timeline please can you explain better
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

If you already have the layer visibility keyframed or you have that channel set to show, so you can see it on the timeline, you just have to double-click on that channel at a frame to add a a keyframe or toggle the visibility of an existing keyframe.