Play/Stop Button has stopped working

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

thepunnery

Play/Stop Button has stopped working

Post by thepunnery »

For some reason, the Play/Stop button is no longer working properly. When I press the Play/Stop button, it's supposed to run through the animation, but it is not. The Play button toggles to a Stop button, as if it's running the animation, but nothing moves. Any ideas? Suggestions? This happened before, and I was able to get around it by creating a new file and importing all my layers from the old file, but it would be nice to have some idea why it happens.
alanthebox

Re: Play/Stop Button has stopped working

Post by alanthebox »

i've had a similar experience, but only under the following scenario:
  • leave moho open
  • put computer to sleep
  • wake computer up
  • continue working in moho
closing and relaunching moho has always fixed this issue for me (or remembering to close moho before putting my computer to sleep.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Just a thought: I haven't seen this problem and that could be because I disabled Sleep mode on my computers.

I avoid Sleep mode because for me it seems to mess up a lot of programs that were running when Sleep mode kicked in. Also, when I used sleep mode on my laptop, the computer would wake up while in my backpack and completely run down the battery. Sleep mode has always been a headache for me and it's just not worth the slightly quicker boot time. IMO, with the OS and programs installed on an SSD, booting up from a full shut down is quick enough and more reliable.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Greenlaw wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:49 am Just a thought: I haven't seen this problem and that could be because I disabled Sleep mode on my computers.

I avoid Sleep mode because for me it seems to mess up a lot of programs that were running when Sleep mode kicked in. Also, when I've used sleep mode on my laptop, the computer woke up while in my backpack and completely run down the battery. Sleep mode has always been a headache for me and jut not worth the slightly quicker boot time. IMO, with the OS and programs installed on an SSD, booting up time from a full shut down is quick enough and more reliable.
I agree. Sleep mode and fast boot up caused me a lot of problems. I prefer a longer startup time, even without an SSD, instead of the seemingly random problems sleep/hibernate caused.