Action Import Button

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Karl Toon

Action Import Button

Post by Karl Toon »

It would be great if the "Actions -> Import Action Button" could take you straight to the same folder as "File -> Open Custom Content Folder"
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse." - Walt E. Disney
Greenlaw

Re: Action Import Button

Post by Greenlaw »

Hmm....I see what you mean. Moho always defaults to the last directory it used for any file type. That's what I normally want but I can see why you'd want the Import Actions button to go straight to the last folder where you imported an action from. Maybe when Moho is asked to load a file, it should remember different paths for each file type?

Some 3D programs I use can do that. For example, when I want to load an object, the program will go straight to the folder where I store objects, and when I request a vertex cache file, it goes straight the folder where I store my vertex caches. This does require that I follow a specific folder structure inside the folder for each production I'm working on, and that I set a path to that production folder inside every project file for that production. If this can be done properly, while allowing some reasonable flexibility, I'd like to see Moho adopt a system like that.

In the meantime, if you're on Windows, you can Pin the Actions folder inside the Open File window like a bookmark...

Clicking it will send you straight to the Actions folder. Not ideal but it works.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Oh, another option is to click the small arrow in the path field of the window shown above. This should reveal a list of recently visited paths, which might include the path to the Actions folder.

I wouldn't rely on it though...I'm not sure why but some previously visited paths will appear there and some will not.
Karl Toon

Post by Karl Toon »

Cheers Greenlaw.
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse." - Walt E. Disney