Actions interrupt cycle

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Matzilla

Actions interrupt cycle

Post by Matzilla »

Hello. I have rigged a fish. The mouth and eyes all move correctly with smart dials. I made an action called "swim cycle" to move his tail and fins.
I paste the reference on the timeline and it works, but when I make ANY other action, eyes, smile, blink, it interrupts the cycle. Very frustrating.
I want to make him talk, blink, look, without stopping swimming.
Any help greatly appreciated!
m
m
MrMiracle77

Re: Actions interrupt cycle

Post by MrMiracle77 »

Look and see if you have 'auto keyframe' turned on, it's a checkbox just above the timeline. When the feature is turned on, Moho will create a key frame for all the bones of the current layer when any one of them is moved (this can be handy for large-scale moves). Turning it off will frame each bone independently.

If you already have an animation you like while using auto keyframe, you can still move the eyes, etc, independently by selecting those bones with the bone selector tool, then erasing their referenced frames on the red portion of the timeline. Turn off auto-keyframe and move the bones as you like.

If you're using the 'cycle' movement interpolation in the timeline window for your swim movement, adding a keyframe will interrupt it. Depending on how long your animation is, it can be more practical to build a single cycle, then copy-and-paste the frames to the next cycle positions. This allows you to move other parts of the body without interrupting the cycle. Positioning the copy-and-pasted frames can be a little tricky, but it's worthwhile skill to develop.
- Dave

(As Your GM)
Matzilla

Re: Actions interrupt cycle

Post by Matzilla »

Auto freeze Keys
it is! I unchecked that and the animation doest interrupt. I had tried switching it, but I think I was no longer thinking straight by that point.
I will now try to experiment with you other suggestions.
Thank you so much for this!!
m
m