Anime Studio Pro 9/9.5

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Aldo

Anime Studio Pro 9/9.5

Post by Aldo »

Hello,

I bought an old version of Anime Studio Pro 9 at a very reasonable price and now I have two questions about it.

1. If I were to buy Moho Pro later, is it possible to open the .anme files created by AS9 in Moho Pro without any problems? There are a lot of new features especially for the bones.

On the packaging of Anime Studio Pro 9 is a sticker that says: incl Upgrade 9.5 for free via my-smithmicro.com. On my-smithmicro.com the oldest version is 10.1.3 and when I searched the internet I could only find the trial version of AS9.5. However, this version does not install properly, but ends up in the TEMP directory. Also, it does not start properly so I can't even get as far as entering the serial number. It seems to fail at trying to connect to the SmithMicro server (of course it fails).

Does anyone know of a way to get a Universal version Anime Studio Pro 9.5 for Windows, so that I can test whether my serial number also works with 9.5?

Alex
Greenlaw

Re: Anime Studio Pro 9/9.5

Post by Greenlaw »

Anime Studio 9.0 is over 10 years old, which is ancient by computer software standards. I hope you can get a refund because the license server used to activate that version no longer exist at Smith-Micro. From what I recall, 9.5 was a paid upgrade from 9.0, but even if you found an official 9.5 installer, I don't think you'll be able to activate it. Moho versions 10.0-13.0 can still be activated using registered license keys but only if you use the final version installers downloaded from the Smith-Micro site. Other than than, Smith-Micro no longer supports ASP/Moho.

These days it's Lost Marble who owns and supports Moho 13.5 and onward, and they will recognize a registered Moho 13.0 license key for a free update to Moho 13.5, or a registered Moho 12.5 license key for a paid upgrade to Moho 13.5.
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

Thanks for your answer.
Yes, it is ancient, as my computers are. Activation started with ASP 10, so there is no activation needed. It is installed with the serial number and it runs fine under Win7 and Linux/Wine. So everything is fine.

Only, I would like to use ASP9.5. But problem 1. I have no Installer. And problem 2. could be (as you wrote), that I don't know if my serial would work with 9.5.
But that I only know if I could try it, or someone else tells me "been there, done that and it doesn't work. You need an extra serial for 9.5 and you won't get it, because there is no longer support from SmithMicro."

So, back to the two questions:
- Does anyone know a possibility to get an universal installer for ASP 9.5 (win)?
- When I use ASP9/9.5 for the next years is it possible to open the .anme files in Moho Pro without bigger issues.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Aldo wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:52 pm So, back to the two questions:
- Does anyone know a possibility to get an universal installer for ASP 9.5 (win)?
- When I use ASP9/9.5 for the next years is it possible to open the .anme files in Moho Pro without bigger issues.
9.5 probably won't work with your 9.0 license, but newer versions of Moho do open all older version files.
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

synthsin75 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:04 pm 9.5 probably won't work with your 9.0 license, but newer versions of Moho do open all older version files.
Thanks also for your answer.
If Moho opens all files from old versions it is already good news.
The thought that my 9.0 serial number may not work with the 9.5 came to me at first not at all, but now seems more likely.
However, I will continue to try to find an installer and just test it. So if anyone has tips or can be helpful, please feel free to tell.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Wes is probably correct because I checked my old ASP serial numbers and, yeah, my 9.5 serial number is different from my 9.0 serial number. I'm pretty sure this is because 9.5 was a paid upgrade from 9.0. (ASP 9.5 introduced Smart Bones, which was a big deal.)

On the other hand, since your package says it includes 9.5, maybe your serial number will work for both versions? If you manage to find a functioning 9.5 installer, I'm curious to hear how it goes.

Good luck!
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

I have a DVD copy of ASP pro 9.5. If all you need is the installer maybe I can transfer the file using Google Drive. I don't know how to use GitHub.
Cheers, Larry
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

3deeguy wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:18 pm I have a DVD copy of ASP pro 9.5. If all you need is the installer maybe I can transfer the file using Google Drive. I don't know how to use GitHub.
Oh, that would be fantastic. Very gladly I accept your offer.
And as you wrote, all I need is the installer (and a bit of luck, that my serial works).