White bone

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Greenlaw

Re: White bone

Post by Greenlaw »

Here's a quick demo for new users:

1. Choose the Select Shape tool and select your shape.
2. With Style menu open, click and drag from the eyedropper to the color you wish to sample. The sampled color will be applied to the shape.
3. Note that the Style menu has two eyedroppers, one for Fill and one for Stroke.

You can find the color eyedropper button in other windows in Moho, like in certain Effects windows, in Preferences>Editor Colors, and in the Layer Settings window. The eyedropper is always next to a color tile showing the current color selection.
MrMiracle77

Post by MrMiracle77 »

I've always been pleased with Moho's eyedropper tool and it's ability to select colors even outside of the window. I wish Blender's worked just as well.
- Dave

(As Your GM)
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

BTW, this is the reason I often keep the Swatches section in Styles set to None (i.e., closed.) This feature is fine when it contains exactly the colors I want but because the eyedropper allows me to sample colors from anyplace I find it more useful to add custom color swatches in a non-rendering layer in my project as I need them, and just sample from there.

Also, setting Swatches to None shrinks size of the Style window considerably, and I'm always for reducing clutter on my desktop. :D
cgrotke

Post by cgrotke »

"Moho should hired me as a freelance complainer..."

I'd take that job, but I'd have to move overseas and it would be a hassle and... : )

I agree that Objects is a vague term, given all that it covers. Perhaps tool tips could be added in a future version that offer more full explanations than the labels provide. Could be turned on or off, depending on need. If on, roll over with cursor and get the full details of everything that might be an "object".
Christopher Grotke
MuseArts - Web Design & Animation
www.musearts.com