Bigger CTI

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

BrianLucas

Bigger CTI

Post by BrianLucas »

Please. Sometimes it's hard to grab that little triangle.Image
synthsin75

Re: Bigger CTI

Post by synthsin75 »

Clicking anywhere in that blue band, with the frame numbers, will instantly bring the indicator under your cursor.
BrianLucas

Post by BrianLucas »

I know that... But sometimes you want to drag the CTI back and forth to test some keyframes you've set.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Once you're holding the mouse button down, you can move it all over the screen and still move the time indicator.

Maybe I'm missing something?
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

A few thoughts...

I can understand wanting the widget bigger to make it more visible. In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing it a little bigger myself.

But, yes, functionally speaking, click+hold+drag anywhere around the around the widget and it will move with the mouse. Moho doesn't require you to click precisely on top of the triangles to move the widget. As a matter of fact, if you click and hold, you can even drag the mouse down into the keyframe area and move the slider back and forth with precision--very handy when you want to be close the actual keyframes while scrubbing.

That said, for stepping through an animation, I prefer using the arrow keys. I feel I have more control that way than scrubbing in the timeline. Well, unless I happen to be using a Stylus--then I'd probably be using the timeline slider. But in Moho, I'm usually using a mouse so it's usually arrow keys for me.
mgo

Post by mgo »

As an alternative I'd like to point to the brilliant script "Scrub Workspace" which (mostly) eliminates the necessity to grab the CTI at all. Bound to a hotkey You can move the playhead by dragging anywhere on the canvas. (I'll return later to update the post with a link...)

Thanks synthsin75 for providing this simple, great tool.
🚀
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Here's the link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/gnt ... e.zip?dl=0

Glad to hear it's getting use.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Will have to check this out. Thanks guys!