smooth joint binding bug

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

JaCoOoOoS

smooth joint binding bug

Post by JaCoOoOoS »

Hello again

This time I encountered something new. I was trying to bind a layer to the skeleton using "smooth joint for bone pair" function. At first it worked nicely. When manipulated, the layer was bending as expected. But after a couple of save and loads it stopped working. Binding indicator shows that it is binded properly to the smooth joint pair but when manipulated the layer stays still and doesn't respond to any actions. Rebinding didn't help at all. this happened to every smooth joint binding in the project. When i create a new project the smooth binding works nice again.

I use Moho Pro 13.5.5 on windows 10 (64bit). My hardware is: procesor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 64GB RAM, RTX 2080Ti.

This software is so glitchy that i spend more time trying to figure out why something is not working as expected than on actual animations. Demanding 400 euro for this is a scam. I quit using moho as soon as I'm done with my current project.
JaCoOoOoS

Re: smooth joint binding bug

Post by JaCoOoOoS »

ok, i've found the solution. Looks like i have to delete and create all the bones for smooth joints again for some reason.
Greenlaw

Re: smooth joint binding bug

Post by Greenlaw »

I'm not sure what went wrong with your Smooth Joint but the usual fix is to...

1. Select the artwork layers involved and choose Reset All Bone Rigging. When you make a selection first, this command resets only the selected artwork, not the entire rig.
2. With the artwork still selected, select the two bones and choose Create Smooth Joint.

The first part resets the binding method to the default Flexi-bind which, in my experience, is often easier and quicker than trying to repair what went wrong with the setup. The second part, of course, sets the new binding method.

Just wondering but what are you finding 'glitchy' about Moho? FWIW, I've been using Moho Pro in TV production since 2015 and it's been stable and reliable for me. Moho 13.5.5 has a few issues but for the most part it's been very reliable, and the newest features are remarkably useful to me. I'm not saying you're not seeing legitimate issues but if you can describe how to reproduce them, maybe someone here can offer suggestions.

Hope this helps.