How do I select a specific bone once animated in the timeline

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

zoesan

How do I select a specific bone once animated in the timeline

Post by zoesan »

Something I should have asked earlier. On selecting a bone you get the keyframes - red and white bone symbols left of timeline with the relevant dots on the timeline, usually four. I wanted to correct just one/two bones in the rig some way into the animation, but don't know how to isolate just those selected bones for editing. I apologise if this has already been taken up.
Greenlaw

Re: How do I select a specific bone once animated in the timeline

Post by Greenlaw »

When you select a bone or multiple bones, you will see two different sets of keyframes selected in the timeline, the first set is white and the second is red.

The white set represents the keyframes for all of the bones in the current layer than have keyframes.

The red set represents the keyframes for only the selected bones in the current layer.

So what you want to do is select the bone or bones you want to edit and look at only the red keyframes.

BTW, when I'm animating a scene in Moho, I'm pretty much looking only at the red keys, but the white keys are still useful to see how the selection relates to the whole animation. The white keys are also useful to retime the entire layer (all the bones) as a whole.

By default, Moho also displays channels for any color bones in use underneath the white and red channels. For me, this data is usually redundant though and I prefer to keep these channels hidden from display. There's more about this here:

Better Default Settings For Moho Pro

Scrub to 8:54 for info about hiding color bones channels.
zoesan

Re: How do I select a specific bone once animated in the timeline

Post by zoesan »

Thank you (Arigatou) ありがとう I'll put your reply into play on the next project. Got the first frame of a prospective piece, just tonight. Just another couple of thousand to go!