Centre of rotation not resetting?

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

hayasidist

Centre of rotation not resetting?

Post by hayasidist »

Moho 13.5.5 -- the ability to move the centre of rotation is great but ... it seems to be preserved when creating a new shape. I can kinda see why that's useful, and it isn't hard to reset but is anyone else bothered by this:

Open a new document with the one default vector layer.
Create a shape. Its centre is as expected. Now move its “centre” with the Transform Points tool - all works as expected. Leave the points selected.
Create a second shape. Select its points and then activate the Transform Point tool → the second shape’s “centre” is offset as per the moved centre in the first shape.

Just de-selecting all the points puts the centres back where they started out (like I said, not hard to reset!)
EricTheFish

Re: Centre of rotation not resetting?

Post by EricTheFish »

I would like to see the origin point preserved with the shape, so if I move the origin and manipulate the shape, when I return to that shape the origin should be exactly where I left it so I can manipulate further.
To cancel the origin change and revert it to the current centre point could maybe be done by double click once selected?
EricTheFish
Artist, musician, animator, coder and dabbler in stuff
www.tech-nique.co.uk