Preview Animation Effects

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

lazyroll

Preview Animation Effects

Post by lazyroll »

Why can't we see something as simple as opacity animation of an image in Animation Preview? It's already bad not being able to see something so simple while working inside the project, but that not being a thing in the animation preview render is really bad.
What are the other options here that I'm missing? At least I can see it in the simple preview, but that doesn't really help for my case.
Greenlaw

Re: Preview Animation Effects

Post by Greenlaw »

Whem GPU Acceleration is enabled, transparency levels should be visible in the viewport and recordable with Animation Preview. Be aware that this is not a 100% accurate preview. In another words, Animation Preview shouldn't be used for checking render quality, only animation.

Also note that this is for layers, not groups. If you want to see the transparency effect for Groups, you'll need to do a full quality render.

When you're finished using GPU Acceleration, it's generally a good idea to disable it again (IMO.) Certain effects will look better in the display or at least more accurate with GPU enabled, but disabling it makes certain masking setup look more correct. For me anyway, having more accurate masking is generally preferred.

FYI, GPU Acceleration affects only the display preview quality and it has not affect for render quality. You should use Render Preview (Ctrl-R) to check render quality.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Tue May 16, 2023 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lazyroll

Re: Preview Animation Effects

Post by lazyroll »

Greenlaw wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 3:35 pm Whem GPU Acceleration is enabled, transparency levels should be visible in the viewport and recordable with Animation Preview. Be aware that this is not a 100% accurate preview. In another words, Animation Preview shouldn't be used for checking render quality, only animation.

Also note that this is for layers, not groups. If you want to see the transparency effect for Groups, you'll need to do a full quality render.

When you're finished using GPU Acceleration, it's generally a good idea to disable it again (IMO.)

Hope this helps.
Thank you very much, Greenlaw! :idea: