Synthasin's Animated Stroke Hiding Script-- Layer Order Bug

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jayfaker

Synthasin's Animated Stroke Hiding Script-- Layer Order Bug

Post by jayfaker »

Hey Synthasin,

I was trying to use your animated stroke hiding/revealing script on a pretty complex rig, and at first it was working great. But then I think I ran into a bug. I'm using it on some layers with animated layer orders and it seems that the script has messed up, so that I can no longer reorder layers in the layer window, as well as the layers used for the scripts, I think they need to be directly under the layer they are pointing at to work? Because I can't reorder the layers, they get unsynched and so they no longer work also? Anyway, if you could look into this I would really appreciate it.

Edit: Hmmmm..... I think it's just layer order that's getting locked. Even when I delete the layers with the scripts I can no longer change/control the layer order.

Moho 13.5.5
Windows 11

Thanks!

-Jim
synthsin75

Re: Synthasin's Animated Stroke Hiding Script-- Layer Order Bug

Post by synthsin75 »

That script doesn't do anything with layer order.
If you're setting any layer order keyframes in a smart bone, that could stop you from changing it manually.

The script just requires that the switch and vector layers have the same names and that both layers are in the same group or top level.
Since layer order animation is always within a group, that wouldn't mess with the script.
jayfaker

Re: Synthasin's Animated Stroke Hiding Script-- Layer Order Bug

Post by jayfaker »

Oh, you're right, I was trying to change layer order on the main timeline, duh. Let me see about the rest.