MR Single Curve Tool 1.0 BETA

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

KuzKuz

MR Single Curve Tool 1.0 BETA

Post by KuzKuz »

Hi, I wrote this script upon BigBoiiiJones's request. I'm not sure I'll publish it on https://mohoscripts.com/ or create a tutorial for it. So, I'll just leave it here.

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Uf2bvv ... sp=sharing
BigBoiiiJones

Re: MR Single Curve Tool 1.0 BETA

Post by BigBoiiiJones »

This is perfect thank you so much for this! :D It's simple yet effective and it does exactly what it needs to. I'll use it more in depth later tonight and report back if there is any bugs but from some testing it's working as attended.
mohgirl

Post by mohgirl »

interesting
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

MR Single Curve Tool looks very interesting Eugene. I can see using this for warp meshes where I need equally spaced points to get nice deformations, or for certain types of FX elements. Should prove handy in these situations. Can't wait to try it out.

Thanks for creating and sharing it!
Last edited by Greenlaw on Mon Jul 10, 2023 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

This is a great script, does exactly as was requested and avoids the issues of Bezier.

If you are happy to use Bezier on a single segment (IOW no extra points to create the curve) this from a couple of years back does it.
BigBoiiiJones

Post by BigBoiiiJones »

I've been loving this tool but there is a few ways I could see some improvement is there anyway to adjust how round the curve is in the middle? It'd be nice to have more roundness applied in the middle when dragging. Also is there a way to apply tapering to end points by allowing us to set line width for said points or something? It would allow for nice varied lines Clip Studio has this option and if there is multiple points between the end points they gradually scale up or down with the end points. Say if you draw extended lines they'll ease into the connected points value if that makes sense.