ULTIMATE SOLUTION FOR BONE LIPSYNC - idea 💡

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Phazor

ULTIMATE SOLUTION FOR BONE LIPSYNC - idea 💡

Post by Phazor »

Hi, I was looking for a script that can automatic lip sync bone actions rather than switch layers, and I found this script that closest matches what I'm looking for.
https://mohoscripts.com/script/msLipSync

The way the script works Is by

1. importing an audio file
2. Dragging across the timeline over the specific area of the waveform you want to key frame mouth movements
you want to key frame mouth movements
3. a dialog box appears where you type in the words or sentences you want your character to say
4. Afterwards, it places the key frames on the timeline in the general section that you scrubbed the audio.

the problem with this Script is that it doesn't actually place the keyframes in appropriate locations of wave form in the timeline, it just drops all of the key frames anywhere in between the beginning and end of the waveform in which you still have to move the key frames manually, and the reason why that's a problem is because you have to keep replaying the animation over and over and placing the keyframes in the right spot, and that makes it tedious and lengthy, And it takes too much time when there are a lot of animations you want to work on.

HOWEVER, I thought of an idea to make the process much quicker and more efficient, but I don't have the Coding ability to modify the script, but the modification seems to be very basic and easy to implement, I assume.

The idea I have is to create an empty switch layer Group of all the different phonemes (i.e. "AI", "E", "L", "etc.", "MBP", "rest", "FV", "O", "U"), then go through the normal process of adding the audio from the settings menu for the switch layer (this will create automatic keyframes in the timeline) and then we can create a script that can map these key frames to the smartbones that The user specifies In which the user adds predefined bone angles for each given phoneme, And then the script translates the switch layer keyframes into bone movements for those given phonemes.

In short, use the switch layer keyframes to call predefined smart bone actions to entirely automate bone movement mouth actions! It will allow us to add this function to bone movements and not only switch layers!

If someone knows how to write scripts, this seems like Something very doable, and it would Seem to be a solution for automatic smartphone lip syncing, Which would seem to require minimal effort because there is already a script available that only needs to be customized or tweaked to add this feature. If someone has this skill, please help so That the entire Moho community can benefit from it. A script already exists In the link above, it just needs tweaking.