Easing Interpolation doesn't work as expected

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

JoelMayer

Easing Interpolation doesn't work as expected

Post by JoelMayer »

Hi

Saw another discussion about Ease In/Ease Out Parameters and while i think Moho uses the correct terminology, i just noticed that no matter whether i ease In or Out of a Key into a linear one, it always adds cushioning on both keys...

Here the first key is set to "Ease In" and the second to "Linear". As you can see though, it slows down both at the beginning and the end. With an Ease In on the first key, it really should be full speed at the beginning and then slowing down at the end.

If i change the Interpolation to "Ease Out" it does pretty much exactly the same thing.

mmmaarten

Re: Easing Interpolation doesn't work as expected

Post by mmmaarten »

Adults should play more often
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

I would like to see this fixed.

Ease In should ease in and do nothing else, especially any variation of ease out.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

JoelMayer wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:35 pm Saw another discussion about Ease In/Ease Out Parameters and while i think Moho uses the correct terminology,
to make sure we're not at cross purposes -- Moho uses "ease in" to mean "Create a smooth transition at the beginning" (i.e. moving into the transition) whereas (e.g.) After Effects would call that "ease out" (i.e. easing out of that keyframe). Both have some logical explanation in the light of how the keyframes "work" (moho's keyframe controls the time/value curve from it until the next; whereas, if I've understood it properly, AE's controls the time/value around it - from "midway" between it and the previous to midway between it and the next???)
JoelMayer wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:35 pm i just noticed that no matter whether i ease In or Out of a Key into a linear one, it always adds cushioning on both keys...
yep -- found that too. Doesn't quite match what's in the manual...