long journey

Whatever...

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

sang820

long journey

Post by sang820 »

I disappeared for six months, and during these six months, I accompanied my mother to treat cancer, but in the end she left. My dad was in a nursing home and he knew he would never go back to his house again. I threw away everything in my parents' house and rented out the empty house to strangers, and the memory of the first half of my life disappeared with it. So who am I? Did I really live there for 20 years? What have I done in the past? No one will ever call my name softly in that house again. Am I free, then, or am I dead?
synthsin75

Re: long journey

Post by synthsin75 »

Condolences. Sadly, an eventual rite of passage for most adults. But better than a parent grieving their child. For the children, we just hope that losing the childhood home, mother, and father doesn't happen in rapid succession. Sorry you had to lose two of them so close together.

You're free to step into the role your parents held after losing their own parent/childhood home. Far from dead, no matter how it may feel at the time.
Maestral

Post by Maestral »

Condolences, Sang.
The emptiness you're facing could be just the huge space you've had built within you, reserved for your beloved ones. Although it might have seemed occupied while they were around, it's your turn now, to maintain that space and keep that new household tidy. I'm sure there would be some warm whispering here and there, while you tour through.

Full sails!
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Hello Sang. I sent you a message privately.

Take care, my friend.
sang820

Post by sang820 »

synthsin75 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:07 pm Condolences. Sadly, an eventual rite of passage for most adults. But better than a parent grieving their child. For the children, we just hope that losing the childhood home, mother, and father doesn't happen in rapid succession. Sorry you had to lose two of them so close together.

You're free to step into the role your parents held after losing their own parent/childhood home. Far from dead, no matter how it may feel at the time.
I think we will eventually lose everything we have. In another twenty years, I too will face death, just like my parents. Whether what I do now is meaningful is just self-comfort before dying. If my wife dies too, my kids will be the only thing that matters.
sang820

Post by sang820 »

Maestral wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:51 pm Condolences, Sang.
The emptiness you're facing could be just the huge space you've had built within you, reserved for your beloved ones. Although it might have seemed occupied while they were around, it's your turn now, to maintain that space and keep that new household tidy. I'm sure there would be some warm whispering here and there, while you tour through.

Full sails!
Yes, I lost my hometown, but I became the hometown of my children.
sang820

Post by sang820 »

Greenlaw wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:20 pm Hello Sang. I sent you a message privately.

Take care, my friend.
Before she died, my mother said that life is like a long journey. We are all enjoying the beautiful scenery along the way, and don't know when we will get off at the stop.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Condolences, Sang.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel