MR Pose Tool 2.0

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

KuzKuz

MR Pose Tool 2.0

Post by KuzKuz »

Plan and polish your animation in Moho with ease! MR Pose Tool allows you to minimize the routine and spend more effort on creativity.
This script combines the tools Transform Bone, Manipulate Bones, MR Move Targeted Joint, and even more.

To work correctly the lower bone (the shin or the forearm) must not have any Y-axis translation.

Update 1.2

Change List:
1. Improved Lock Handles mode, now there's no need to deselect the current bone to select another.
2. Enhanced Align Handles Along Bone mode, now the handles do not overlap each other when the bone on the screen is small in size. This works only when all four handles are active.
3. Added the ability to customize the color and transparency of the handles.
4. Added Highlight Bones option which draws a line along the bone under the cursor, making it easier to identify which bone you will select when you click.
5. Added Double-click to Reset option, allowing you to disable this feature if it interferes.

Update 1.3

Change List:
1. Added an option that allows blocking the script on even or odd frames. This is convenient if you work in twos, so as not to create keys outside the interval.

MR Pose Tool 2.0

1. Ability to select multiple bones at once.
2. Ability to transform multiple bones at once.
3. Quick access menu to options and functions of the tool.
4. Follow bone, Lock angle, and Lock Pos features, which allow you to find the pose faster by controlling only individual body parts of the character, while maintaining the position of other parts.
5. Added Twos mode option to the panel and in the quick menu.
6. In Lock handles mode, only handles for selected bones are displayed. Previously, this only worked with one bone.
7. The Keep selection option now retains selection only if there has been bone transformation. Meaning, now you can select bones without turning off this option.

Download link - https://mohoscripts.com/script/mr_pose_tool
Last edited by KuzKuz on Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:28 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Greenlaw

Re: MR Pose Tool 1.0

Post by Greenlaw »

Eugene! What madness is this? I did not know how much I needed MR Pose Tool until you invented it. :D

Thank you so much for sharing it with the Moho community!

D.
teotoon

Post by teotoon »

Eugene, awesome, awesome, awesome !

Thank you for this wonderful script and for all your effort...

Cheers
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Absolutely fantastic.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

Thanks! I've released a hotfix on Mohoscripts, adding support for pin bones. Please update the script if you've already downloaded it.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

This is so cool it should be considered for inclusion by default in future versions!
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

funksmaname wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:07 pm This is so cool it should be considered for inclusion by default in future versions!
Thank you! I believe that everyone who wants to use this tool has the opportunity to do so. This flexibility is what makes Moho special.
You can create or choose alternative tools yourself.
If any of my ideas are considered for inclusion in Moho's core functionality, I'll be pleased, and I won't claim any copyright.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Thank you, this is amazing!

With this we don't seem to need the Manipulate Bone tool for anything. I see the Transform Bone tool is still useful for frame 0 and to see/modify the bone properties as numbers and to reset them individually.

I think I spotted a bug: when I use the inverse kinematic orange handle on a bone that has independent angle activated, the bone will rotate to the left no matter in which direction I move the mouse. The Manipulate Bone tool doesn't apply the inverse kinematic when independent angle is activated but lets you point the bone at the desired direction.
funksmaname wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:07 pm This is so cool it should be considered for inclusion by default in future versions!
Yeah I think the same. And the Transform Rig tool too. Once used to these wonders, losing them for whatever reason could feel like going back to Moho 6.
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

Daxel wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:14 am Thank you, this is amazing!

With this we don't seem to need the Manipulate Bone tool for anything. I see the Transform Bone tool is still useful for frame 0 and to see/modify the bone properties as numbers and to reset them individually.

I think I spotted a bug: when I use the inverse kinematic orange handle on a bone that has independent angle activated, the bone will rotate to the left no matter in which direction I move the mouse. The Manipulate Bone tool doesn't apply the inverse kinematic when independent angle is activated but lets you point the bone at the desired direction.
Yeah I think the same. And the Transform Rig tool too. Once used to these wonders, losing them for whatever reason could feel like going back to Moho 6.
Thank you. Should the additional handles on bones with an independent angle be active?
The simplest way would be to just do a check and disable them if the bone has this parameter.
I can try to add support for such bones, but it will be significantly more complex.
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

UPDATE: I have reviewed the situation and decided to disable the handles on bones with an independent angle. The script has been updated.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

KuzKuz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:36 am
The simplest way would be to just do a check and disable them if the bone has this parameter.
I think this is fine, now the user will use the red handle that does the same the Manipulate Bone tool does. Updated and tested, worked correctly. Thank you.
EricTheFish

Re: MR Pose Tool 1.0.3

Post by EricTheFish »

Awesome tools, yet again Eugene! Thank you, thank you, thank you etc.
EricTheFish
Artist, musician, animator, coder and dabbler in stuff
www.tech-nique.co.uk
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

Thanks!
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Hi Eugene,

Quick question: should MR Pose be compatible with Moho 12.5? If not, that's fine; otherwise, I'm getting a LUA error. I completely understand if support is limited to the current version of Moho. Just wondering.

In Moho 13.5, MR Pose is working great so far! I've only been using it for a few minutes, and I already see how it expands my animation choices. Very exciting! :D

Thanks again, and please keep up the amazing work!
Last edited by Greenlaw on Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

Hello, thank you! Yes, I have decided not to support version 12 anymore. It was released on August 4th, 2016. I would like users not to get stuck on older versions.