Moho 14 Bugs

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Borchc

Moho 14 Bugs

Post by Borchc »

Thank you so much for your work! You have implemented excellent tools, thank you very much!!!!
But there are a number of problems that I have encountered in a few hours of work.

1) When opening an old file, vector layers that were taken from another file, and bound via flexi-binding, stopped responding to the force of the influence of bones
2) When I switch to the vector layer of the old rigg and open the "select shape" tool, the sorting of the shapes gets confused and the program starts lagging. When I return to any other tool, the sorting returns to its place.
3)The thickness of the contour in some places does not correspond to the original (created in 13.5.5)
4)periodically, from time to time, when trying to start modeling with a vector, - M_Mesh pops up:Point - out of range
5)When trying to move a rig from mach 13.5.5 to a new document, mach imports it incorrectly and the program performance drops significantly (up to 2-3 FPS)
6) some tools start working only after restarting, specifically, there were problems with turning off the shape effects, and a few more that I didn't record
7) The eyedropper does not copy the color from the raster (via shift)
8)Crash when opening a new project. caught 5 in a row
9) Deformers (Curves layer) are often created beyond the edges of a vector layer or across it

UPD
GIF images won't load again.
Last edited by Borchc on Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
toddwaddington

Re: Moho 14 Bugs

Post by toddwaddington »

Hi Borchc,

I am really the last person who should be commenting on this (not nearly as experienced) and maybe I'm stating the obvious. Moho 14 is described as having a new graphics engine. Sounds like it is bound to have a few conflicts then with previous versions. I'll be interested in hearing about future updates that will make it more "friendly" to previous versioned projects.

Am I wrong about this?

Todd

PS, I recall a few years ago, working on projects and having to switch off a particular graphics feature for Moho to work correctly. Not helpful, I know, but wondering if there is something similar that can be "unchecked" in preferences when opening previous versions in 14.
Borchc

Post by Borchc »

I fully admit this development of events. But if this is really the case, then it is worth highlighting and giving people an understanding that there is such a problem. Or if this is not a problem, in a global sense, but some kind of bug, then fix it)
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

The only issue I can see is: 7 - The eyedropper does not copy the color from the raster (via shift). This has now been reported to Moho support.

The other performance / crash issues could be some shizzle related to your machine. If you can provide a test file it might help to see if others can reproduce.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
Borchc

Post by Borchc »

SimplSam wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:33 am The only issue I can see is: 7 - The eyedropper does not copy the color from the raster (via shift). This has now been reported to Moho support.

The other performance / crash issues could be some shizzle related to your machine. If you can provide a test file it might help to see if others can reproduce.
Thanks a lot for the answer, but alas I can't transfer the file. I can only say that our team was fine with this rig at 13.5, and at 12.5 and in the current version everything is not very good.

Crashes were just when opening a new project if some one is already open. And also, when the crashes were 100%, this is when the Russian language was selected in the settings.
Borchc

Post by Borchc »

GIF images won't load again.
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

This is probably not a bug, per se.

I like the new red Moho logo. When I save files, however, I still see the old orange logo by the file name. I'd prefer to see the red logo.

What I'd like even more would be a tiny thumbnail of the vector artwork in the file. That would be nifty. But the red logo would be nice, if the thumbnail remains impossible.

I'm on a Mac, so maybe things are different for Macs.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Borchc wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:38 am GIF images won't load again.
GIF files load fine here. Try another GIF to see if the issue isn't the file itself.

Practically speaking, you should be using an image sequence, though, because a GIF file has severely limited color space and won't necessarily play with any sense of frame accuracy. An image sequence, on the other hand, is simpler, more reliable, and ensures frame accuracy.

For imported reference footage (e.g., animatic,) use a med-low quality JPEG sequence. This format offers the fastest streaming, even across a slow network (I use it all the time for reference footage in 3D animation.) For imported final render footage, use a PNG sequence; it's color-accurate, compact (for faster streaming,) and allows an alpha channel if you need it.

Note: for the audio track for your animatic, import a separate uncompressed .wav or .aif. This ensures frame accuracy for animation syncing. MP3 and other compressed formats are not reliable for animation use.

Hope this helps.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Hoptoad wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:43 pm This is probably not a bug, per se.

I like the new red Moho logo. When I save files, however, I still see the old orange logo by the file name. I'd prefer to see the red logo.

What I'd like even more would be a tiny thumbnail of the vector artwork in the file. That would be nifty. But the red logo would be nice, if the thumbnail remains impossible.

I'm on a Mac, so maybe things are different for Macs.
In windows, we have to manually Right click, open with, select a different app, check "always use this app to open this files", then choose the new program. Mac should have something similar somewhere.
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

Daxel wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:39 pm In windows, we have to manually Right click, open with, select a different app, check "always use this app to open this files", then choose the new program. Mac should have something similar somewhere.
Thanks. I tried it but it didn't work. When I upgraded, evidently the OS was set to open Moho files with Moho 14.0 by default - even the files that were made in 13.5 and never previously opened in 14.

On a Mac, the information looks like this: Open With > Moho (default) (14.0)

Oh well.

Yo, Lost Marble, I know you're a PC guy, but please pay some Mac person on Fiverr to add the new logo for Mac users. Thanks. :D
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Hoptoad wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:14 pm Yo, Lost Marble, I know you're a PC guy, but please pay some Mac person on Fiverr to add the new logo for Mac users. Thanks. :D
Very much a Mac guy personally, although I have both on my desk.

Moho 14 does have Mac-specific icons as well. The thing is, when you have multiple applications (or versions of an application) that can open the same file, the Mac can get confused about which icon to display. Sometimes it will "just update" itself on its own. Sometimes after a restart the Finder will change which icons it shows. At an application level, Moho can say it's the handler for .moho files, and we can provide icons for the various Moho file types, but we're limited in what we can force the Finder to display as far as icons go.

As far as some files opening in 13.5 and some in 14, that definitely can't happen. As far as the Mac knows, they're all the same file type, and it can only associate one app to open those files. (They actually are the same file type. Moho 13 can open version 14 files, although if you use 14 specific features like liquid shapes or curvers, they won't work in Moho 13.)
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

Hoptoad wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:43 pm ... What I'd like even more would be a tiny thumbnail of the vector artwork in the file. That would be nifty. But the red logo would be nice, if the thumbnail remains impossible. ...
There are some discussion here about how to get Thumbnails working (again) on macOS: https://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35770
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
EricTheFish

Post by EricTheFish »

I'm on Win10 and can see thumbnails for Moho file contents from within the Moho UI.
Not sure if that's standard behaviour on Windows, I use a third party codec package called "FastPictureViewer" that displays system thumbnails for PSD files and others.
Don't know if that's involved here but it's a useful tool to have.

You'll find it here https://www.fastpictureviewer.com/
EricTheFish
Artist, musician, animator, coder and dabbler in stuff
www.tech-nique.co.uk
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

Lost Marble wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:24 pm Moho 14 does have Mac-specific icons as well. The thing is...
I applied the suggestions and I'm now seeing the new red logo beside the Moho file names. It is small and seems to be on a tiny piece of paper with the corner folded down, but it's there.

Thanks!
aileenwo88

Post by aileenwo88 »

Try unlink One Drive then you will be able to preview Moho Thumbnail