Moho 14 Crash

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Matzilla

Moho 14 Crash

Post by Matzilla »

I just installed Moho 14 and had my first crash after 20 min, as I was setting the Project Settings: start frame to 10.
I had very few crashes with 13.5 so i thought it might be worth noting.
Should we submit crash reports somewhere?
Thanks
m
m
mmmaarten

Re: Moho 14 Crash

Post by mmmaarten »

For what it's worth as I don't have much information to debug on; I also had a crash yesterday when opening a PSD file (which never gave a crash in Moho 13.5.5, eventhough I opened that file a lot). The next time (after restarting Moho 14) I opened the exact same PSD file there was no crash. So this seemed quite random
Adults should play more often
Matzilla

Post by Matzilla »

I had one more crash today. I would agree, it seems totally random.
m
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

New versions of any software are often more unstable. It took until 13.5 for v13 to get that stable. So point releases will likely address crashes, if they are reported and can be duplicated.

If anyone happens to figure out repeatable steps to cause a crash, be sure to post or report them.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Yeah last time the crashes seemed to be random too but we noticed they were related to the style window being docked and the auto-save system. So we can use this place to write our findings and help with the issue. I still didn't have any crash and I've been playing with complex projects. I don't have the style window docked though. Just for the record haha. Are you guys both on W10?
mmmaarten

Post by mmmaarten »

Daxel wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:17 am Yeah last time the crashes seemed to be random too but we noticed they were related to the style window being docked and the auto-save system. So we can use this place to write our findings and help with the issue. I still didn't have any crash and I've been playing with complex projects. I don't have the style window docked though. Just for the record haha. Are you guys both on W10?
W11 pro here
Adults should play more often
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

synthsin75 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:37 pm If anyone happens to figure out repeatable steps to cause a crash, be sure to post or report them.
Several times, when I tried to paste a Style into a selected shape, but I had neglected to copy a Style to paste, the software crashed.
Matzilla

Post by Matzilla »

I got my first crash making a spherical panorama. I inserted a PNG, ran the script, it crashed setting the properties.
I don't remember what caused the second crash but it seemed random.
But I haven't had one since. I am wondering if it has something to do with the initial installation.

m
m
Karl Toon

Post by Karl Toon »

Just started using 14 today and have had my first crash. It's a shame really as 13.5 had proved to be so stable that I forgot to save regularly. Anyhow, I had created a character and just set up the bones, then when I went to select a certain bone..... CRASH!!!!!
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse." - Walt E. Disney
Matzilla

Post by Matzilla »

Does anyone know if they are interested in crash info?
14 crashes for me every time i try and import from Library/characters/Moho13.5/ (any of the characters)

edit: Moho 14 on a MacMini M1 16gb ram.
Last edited by Matzilla on Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
m
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Matzilla wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:53 pm Does anyone know if they are interested in crash info?
14 crashes for me every time i try and import from Library/characters/Moho13.5/ (any of the characters)
fwiw - no problems here importing into 14 from the 13.5 characters in the library .. win 10
rocky53204

Post by rocky53204 »

Experienced glitchy behavior on my old win 10 laptop.
Often crashed on opening then would come up when I restarted it. (sometimes)
Fills worked sporadically.
I assume this because my old yet reliable 5 core ASUS laptop has a dated/inferior graphics setup.
("ATI mobility radeon") 13.5 ran on this machine without issues, however, it did startup very slowly.

My win 11 machine runs MOHO 14 without issues to date.
Dell laptop with win 11 home, AMD RYZEN processor, 8gb mem, GEFORCE RTX graphics and SSD.

Addendum: Runs OK on a much older desktop, Dell T3500 with intel xeon 8 core, 16gb mem, win 10 pro, nvidea quadro fx3700
Definitely getting the impression that your video card makes a difference...