Liquid shapes - CLIP bug?

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Tudor Om

Liquid shapes - CLIP bug?

Post by Tudor Om »

Hello there,

I noticed something when using the CLIP option with liquid shapes.
If the top shape has a thicker line width then the bottom shape, then the intersection between the two will have the line with of the shape that is clipped, the thicker one.

Image samples here:
https://tudorom.com/test/

Is this intended to be so?

Thanx,
Tudor Om
Lukas

Re: Liquid shapes - CLIP bug?

Post by Lukas »

Liquid shapes are actually being created in realtime. The blue shape is not actually being masked, it's being re-created. The thinner stroke is behind the thicker stroke because the blue shape is on top of the orange shape. You'll notice if you colorize the strokes in 2 different colors and make the top shape's stroke thinner than the bottom stroke. That's just how it works, you might have to mask your layers the old way to get the result you need in certain situations.
Tudor Om

Re: Liquid shapes - CLIP bug?

Post by Tudor Om »

Yeah, I kinda figured it out. It's a shame we can't control the thickness of the intersecting line. I would have worked perfectly to make hair light on characters while preserving the original line.
I mean I can still do it but the top line has to be thinner then the bottom one.