Auto-Freeze Keys is not working in Moho 14 Pro

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

onurdemirsoy

Auto-Freeze Keys is not working in Moho 14 Pro

Post by onurdemirsoy »

Hello, I just notice that Auto-Freeze Keys button is not working. Do you know why?

You can watch the video I shoot with my cellphone
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kI3FLQ ... sp=sharing
Greenlaw

Re: Auto-Freeze Keys is not working in Moho 14 Pro

Post by Greenlaw »

Hmm...you're right. Auto=Freeze Key works fine for transforming bones and points but not for transforming layers.

I just checked Moho 12.5 (the oldest version I keep installed,) and it appears Auto-Freeze Key has never worked for layer transforms. That seems odd, doesn't it? I'll ask about it.

I very rarely use this option, but it's funny that nobody noticed this until now. When I do use Auto-Freeze Key, I guess it's only been with bones or point animation.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

Greenlaw wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:18 pm Hmm...you're right. Autokey works fine for transforming bones and points but not for transforming layers.

I just checked Moho 12.5 (the oldest version I keep installed,) and it appears Autokey has never worked for layer transforms. That seems odd, doesn't it? I'll ask about it.

I very rarely use Autokey, but it's funny that nobody noticed this until now. When I do use Autokey, I guess it's only been with bones or point animation.
Yes same here. I have been using Moho for years and I haven't noticed this before :D But I think it should be changed. This is my opinion.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I checked the manual about Auto-Freeze Keys and it only mentions Bones. It's funny that it doesn't also mention Points because it does work for that.

So probably not a bug, but I'll still ask about this because it seems like it should work with Layers too, even if the manual doesn't mention it. Maybe this can be added as an enhancement.
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

Thank you so much
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

Similar to the requests here: viewtopic.php?p=168656#p168656

A new-feature request has been logged with LM (by @hayasidist).
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
Panha

Post by Panha »

I just notice it that Auto-Freeze keys does not work with layer transforming, but it should. However, have anyone encountered the slow down while auto-freeze keys is checked? :?:
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Panha wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:49 pm I just notice it that Auto-Freeze keys does not work with layer transforming, but it should. However, have anyone encountered the slow down while auto-freeze keys is checked? :?:
Auto Freeze has never worked with Layer Transforms. According to the manual, it only works with Bones and Point Animation.

In practice, it's less necessary to need it for Layer Transforms because there are far fewer channels to keyframe compared to Bones and Points, but an official request has been made to include it.

(To be honest, I hadn't even noticed this until I saw this thread and I've been using Moho in TV production for almost 10 years now.) :D
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I leave Auto-Freeze disabled and use Ctrl-F to freeze mainly my key poses. Typically, Auto-Freeze is unnecessary because Moho will always keyframe channels that change with or without Auto Freeze enabled.

Also, leaving Auto-Freeze enabled will generate excessive keyframe data, leading to a slow performance.

IMO, Auto-Freeze can be useful in rare circumstances, but it should normally be left disabled unless you really want everything keyframed all the time.
Panha

Post by Panha »

Greenlaw wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:23 pm I leave Auto-Freeze disabled and use Ctrl-F to freeze mainly my key poses. Typically, Auto-Freeze is unnecessary because Moho will always keyframe channels that change with or without Auto Freeze enabled.

Also, leaving Auto-Freeze enabled will generate excessive keyframe data, leading to a slow performance.

IMO, Auto-Freeze can be useful in rare circumstances, but it should normally be left disabled unless you really want everything keyframed all the time.
Yeah, I think there should be another feature that could be usable than this. something like auto-bake key from bone and points of current frame back to some number of frame (depending on user setting) before current frame :D , But we still need auto-freeze key sometimes. Just that I never check auto-freeze keys too, since I always encountered the slow down performance in Moho files. :)
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

There are scripts for baking bones and points.

For example, I use Eugene's MR Bake Bones to baking bone dynamics to keyframes, which can speed up performance after disabling dynamics.

For more info, check mohoscripts.com.

That reminds me: I know you've been running into performance issues, and I was wondering, have you tried disabling the Bone Dynamics option from the Menu? I remember in an early release of version 10, I had to disable this option to get normal performance. (This was fixed in a subsequent release of 10.) This should not be a problem in Moho 14 (I have Bone Dynamics enabled normally,) but I think it's worth checking in your situation.