Checkbox for turning all bone strength to 0

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Hoptoad

Checkbox for turning all bone strength to 0

Post by Hoptoad »

I never use bone strength. It would be nice if there was a checkbox that would set all bone strength to 0 on default, always.

The checkbox could be under Settings > Layers/Objects.

NOTE: "Preferences" in the menu was recently (?) changed to "Settings," which I like, but the text still says "Preferences" in the window that appears.
Daxel

Re: Checkbox for turning all bone strength to 0

Post by Daxel »

A made a similar proposal for the same problem: viewtopic.php?p=205802#p205802
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Good idea! I'll direct the devs to this thread.

When I'm using Point Binding or laying out Bone dials, I may want many or all of these bones set to zero strength, but for the rest of the time I do need normal bone strength. So, to me, it makes the most sense to add an option for 'Zero Bones' in the Add Bones option bar. This way, 'Zero Bones' can be toggled on and off as needed while creating bones.
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

I'm 100% for this one. My process now is to just select all bones a few times in the rigging process and then just manually type in a zero for their strength... But at least one always gets by me.
Adam
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Tip for new Moho users: Like many items in Moho, you can select multiple items and apply a setting to them all at once. This technique works for Bone Strength: marquee or Shift Select a bunch of bones, and then dial in the desired strength.

But this doesn't replace the request for a 'zero' option. It will still be more convenient to have Moho apply the setting when the bone is created.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Hi Adam,

We must have been typing the same tip at the same time. As they say, "Great minds..." :D
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

In case someone misses it, there is a script shared by Sam in the link I provided, and it solves the problem perfectly. Very useful while we wait for Moho to make it built in.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Thanks, Daxel!

Oh, that's funny...I even commented and posted an image in that thread. I must have missed what followed in that thread or my mind is going. (Probably both.) :D