Moho14 version mask severely stuck(win10)

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

sang820

Moho14 version mask severely stuck(win10)

Post by sang820 »

The 14th version is a brand new one, with some areas that need improvement.

For example, adding masks to a model can become very sluggish. If the model contains colored nodes, it will become more sluggish.

I don't know if other users have encountered this issue
:shock: I hope only I am troubled by it.
Last edited by sang820 on Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daxel

Re: Moho14 version mask severely stuck

Post by Daxel »

I've been working with Moho 14 a lot, and performance have been great here, using all kinds of nasty complex nested masks so I guess something specific is happening there. Let's try to pinpoint what the issue is so you can report it in a way Moho devs have an easy time fixing it.

Does this happen every time or just in that specific moho file?

What do you mean by adding masks? any type of mask? Is that a vector, bitmap or hybrid model?

Where do you notice the slugginess?

What do you mean by colored nodes? Colored vector points or colored keyframes? I think colored vector points are not a built-in feature.

If I remember correctly you are on windows, right?

Can you share a file that we can take a look at?
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Daxel wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:27 pm What do you mean by colored nodes? Colored vector points or colored keyframes? I think colored vector points are not a built-in feature.
Color vector points was my assumption. I don't normally use this feature but curious to see how it affects the new masking. If I have time today to try it, will post what I learn.
sang820

Post by sang820 »

Daxel wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:27 pm I've been working with Moho 14 a lot, and performance have been great here, using all kinds of nasty complex nested masks so I guess something specific is happening there. Let's try to pinpoint what the issue is so you can report it in a way Moho devs have an easy time fixing it.

Does this happen every time or just in that specific moho file?

What do you mean by adding masks? any type of mask? Is that a vector, bitmap or hybrid model?

Where do you notice the slugginess?

What do you mean by colored nodes? Colored vector points or colored keyframes? I think colored vector points are not a built-in feature.

If I remember correctly you are on windows, right?

Can you share a file that we can take a look at?

:shock: After the screen turns white, moho14 freezes and then the program crashes :shock:
I can currently only make shots in 13.55 that include masks.
I use moho14 basic functions. No external plugins.

Full vector model, no reference to pixel images or patterns.

This kind of lag and crash only occurs in complex moho files. (Especially models with lots of colored nodes)

I use win10 system, sorry I can't share the project files, this is a commercial project,But I created another engineering file with a similar problem,I can't open it with 13.55, as opening this file on 14 will crash. :cry:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vMXC2g ... share_link

:) Thank you for your attention, let’s make version 14 better together
Last edited by sang820 on Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
sang820

Post by sang820 »

Greenlaw wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:58 pm
Daxel wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:27 pm What do you mean by colored nodes? Colored vector points or colored keyframes? I think colored vector points are not a built-in feature.
Color vector points was my assumption. I don't normally use this feature but curious to see how it affects the new masking. If I have time today to try it, will post what I learn.
:cry: Yes, you guessed it right. In this model I use colored nodes a lot. The art effect is very good, but 133.55 will be a bit laggy. And 14 is a complete meltdown. Every time.
SimplSam

Re: Moho14 version mask severely stuck(win10)

Post by SimplSam »

This issue has now been reported.

p.s. Really nice artwork (old man)
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Ah, color points! Sorry I forgot they exist. I should use them more, they are pretty cool. And your drawing too, I like that style.

Thank you for the information, I understand now and I can confirm it slows down very much here too.

Disabling the display of shape effects makes the performance ok again. The effect on the performance seems to be related to the amount of shapes and color points (tested it with less shapes and only one color point and the performance was good, so it seems to be an accumulative effect on performance.

Hope it can be improved a lot, but I wonder how much since color points look like a performance heavy feature anyways but I hope it can be improved.
sang820

Post by sang820 »

SimplSam wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:31 am This issue has now been reported.

p.s. Really nice artwork (old man)
:shock: Thank you. I will work hard to create more beautiful moho animations and help more animators understand moho. :shock:
sang820

Post by sang820 »

Daxel wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:19 am Ah, color points! Sorry I forgot they exist. I should use them more, they are pretty cool. And your drawing too, I like that style.

Thank you for the information, I understand now and I can confirm it slows down very much here too.

Disabling the display of shape effects makes the performance ok again. The effect on the performance seems to be related to the amount of shapes and color points (tested it with less shapes and only one color point and the performance was good, so it seems to be an accumulative effect on performance.

Hope it can be improved a lot, but I wonder how much since color points look like a performance heavy feature anyways but I hope it can be improved.
:shock: Thank you, I also really like the color node function. It would be even better if the weight of color attenuation could be controlled. Ah, I'm too greedy, but that would really be great :shock:
sang820

Post by sang820 »

:shock: :shock: Version 14.1 has fixed the bug of 'color nodes+masks=stuttering or even program crashes', which is really great. :shock: :shock:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The files I created in version 14 are still a bit stuck, but they are already very good. (I'm not sure if it's a version issue or a problem with sharp or rounded graphics)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
总之,真是太好了=)