Stroke defect

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Greenlaw

Re: Stroke defect

Post by Greenlaw »

Greenlaw wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:20 am I just tried editing a path after disabling Round Caps, and it acts oddly. For example, only one end has a square edge while the other maintains a round cap, and the square edge looks weird as I rotate the Bezier handle.
I looked at this again a few minutes ago, and yeah, it's really odd. When I added a Text layer to illustrate the issue, the error with the persistent round cap end went away. When I removed the Text, the end remained flat, but when I undid it back to before I created the text, the round cap was persistent again (that is, it remains round after disabling Round Caps.)

The side with the flat-end cap flips around with the bezier handle, which it shouldn't do. After I reset the point's curvature, it works correctly.

I didn't do anything special or unusual to create this curve; I just disabled Round Caps.

I saved the bad version of this project and will send it to LM for evaluation. If you have an example file demonstrating the bad stroke, I suggest doing the same.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Hoptoad wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:49 pm I think the DRAGGING is causing the problem.
Hmm...maybe that's it? After LM added the dragless drawing for Add Points, I stopped clicking and dragging in Moho, which is probably why I wasn't seeing this. The dragging action, while unnecessary in Moho 14, shouldn't cause these problems though.

Anyway, I know Rai pointed LM to this thread so hopefully we'll see a fix before long. :D
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

Greenlaw wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:24 am Anyway, I know Rai pointed LM to this thread so hopefully we'll see a fix before long. :D
Fantastic. Thanks for letting me know.

I don't use any other software except Moho to make vector art, so I'd be extra-joyful if this particular bug was exterminated.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Hmm... But I focused pretty much all the attention on the part regarding disappearing round caps due to the masking optimization issue in a closely related already existing ticket, and I think now you are more talking about the other issue having to do with weird curvature, isn't it? So maybe it still worth's a new report (if it doesn't exist yet) only for pointing/covering this, if you want to be sure nothing pass unnoticed. I mean, it's true I added a link to this conversation, but different issues usually require different reports, so... Well, just wanted to clarify that to avoid any misunderstanding!
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

Rai López wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:00 am. . .but different issues usually require different reports, so... Well, just wanted to clarify that to avoid any misunderstanding!
Ah! Thanks for explaining.

I just sent the developers a Ticket about the wonky points in strokes.

By the way, I encountered the disappearing round cap problem again today. Thanks to your posted solution, I fixed it in a snap! 8)
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Cool! It's a good thing when there is at least a workaround or whatever till things get fixed :). Well, thanks for taking the time to report the other one, and so quickly... Cheers!