Lost Scripts' Shapes Window (**New** BETA 3) for Moho 14.1 Pro

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rai López

Re: Lost Scripts' Shapes Window (*New* BETA 2) for Moho 14.1 Pro

Post by Rai López »

I think I got it! Thank you very much for the screen recording, but thank you to Wes too for the observation about the last shape being auto-selected, which has been the key to realize what could be going on there just when I was about to desist, even though I was quite intrigued about all this... Well, it seems you have the Points-Based Selection checked, isn't you? And since when working with such tools last points drawn get selected, for the nature of such feature the corresponding shape is selected right away, which interferes on the process of getting next shape properties like stroke width and so. Well, I hope I can now workaround it somehow and that's what I'm going to try to do right now, but in the meantime you can turn off the (in my defense, experimental :roll:) Points-Based Selection setting and the problem should go away.

BUT NOT ONLY THAT! Thanks to I installed the previous version for testing this, I have realized also that it didn't present the deleting keyframes problem, which I started to take for granted it could be something beyond my possibilities to get fixed, but this find means the problem is indeed in my side and I can make something about it, super good news! :D Even though I'm afraid it will have something to do with the shape preview widget and I hope I can find the way to fix it while maintaining it...

Well, what can I say, thanks to you for the amazing contribution :mrgreen:

EDIT: 🤔 Even gooder news... It appears already fixed to me in (the not yet released) BETA 0.2.1, I guess as a side-effect of having solved a copy/paste buttons kind of related issue... Anyway, greater! Since that means I can pass to investigate the deleting keyframes issue right away. BTW, the plan is that as soon as I get it fixed too (I hope), make available the new build as soon as possible, contrary to what has been usual... Cheers!
Rai López

Re: Lost Scripts' Shapes Window (*New* BETA 2.1) for Moho 14.1 Pro

Post by Rai López »

OK, all done! Therefore a new release (v2.0.1) is available to download by means of the same first post's link. The list of changes:
  • [v] Paste button stopped working as expected at some point -> FIXED in v0.2.1
  • [v] Open at Startup and window size problem -> FIXED in v0.2.1 (Kinda dirtily, but enough for now?)
  • [v] If open by Open at Startup, there may be then unwanted beeps upon frame change until reopen -> FIXED in v0.2.1
  • [v] Freehand/Eraser "Alt+LMB" width resizing doesn't work as expected if Points-Based Selection option is checked -> FIXED (I think) in v0.2.1
  • [v] Delete key doesn't act over selected keyframes while the window is open -> FIXED in v0.2.1 (More details HERE & HERE)
  • [?] Also fixed some more minor issues...
I wanted to release it as soon as possible as I said, so there it is and I hope/believe everything goes well... Otherwise, please, comment as usual. Thanks in advance, and of course for all the already given support!

P.S. BTW, I've been adding some "known issues" to a list in that first post too, so you can take that info into account before reporting or whatever, sorry for not have included such thing since the first moment, but well, there it is now and I hope it helps.
teienkawi

Post by teienkawi »

hey this script is amazing thank you for making it. theres one thing that i figure its still in beta so its not a biggie (feel free to ignore this) but ive noticed i cant delete key frames while the window is open
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

teienkawi wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:41 pm theres one thing that i figure its still in beta so its not a biggie (feel free to ignore this) but ive noticed i cant delete key frames while the window is open
But the good news is, among other things, it has been fixed and made available (as commented just above) since just a few minutes ago :mrgreen:
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Super nice!
I haven't tried this new version yet but I love to see it's progressing so well. You are trying (or maybe it's already there) to add every feature from the style panel so we only have to have this one open, right? I still use the style panel but I like the idea of getting comfortable doing everything with your shapes panel and keep the style panel closed.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Thank you! Well, the Style Window is always going to be more complete because there are some things there one simply can't achieve by means the current API, indeed (after the last style related additions) I think I well could have already reached all that can be reasonably done... Anyway, the creation controls started to be more intended mainly to provide a way of shape creation independently of the active tool (with the help of Points-Based Selection option) plus some extra features, but yeah, inevitably this somehow led to provide as most functionality as possible to make it as independent as it could be and here we are... But maybe it's not that bad I had to stop here on second thoughts, so that I can start thinking about taking on other more exciting projects :roll:
lucasfranca

Post by lucasfranca »

I tested the new version and the problem with Freehand continued, there I found that if I open and close the style window is solved the problem. I don’t know if there is any configuration that generates that is checked or unchecked in your script that is generating this...

Anyway, thank you again!
An old guy [since 1983] who was raised in front of the TV.
Passionate about animation, after getting old, he decides to make it his hobby.

I share tutorials, reviews, tips and tricks from this vast world of animation on my channel.

https://youtube.com/animai2D
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

🤔 I thought I had it... I'll look into it again and I hope this time I get it. The issue seems to me related to having window's menu "Points-Based Selection" option checked, so in the meantime you could try to uncheck should you are not really taking advantage of it and the issue interferes your workflow. In any case, I hope having it solved soon... Thanks for testing it and letting me know!
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

🤔🤔 Still not able to reproduce the issue here with the latest builds (indeed, I never did and that's why I had to trust the issue was solved at some point in between BETA 1 and BETA 2 as a side-effect of another kind of related fix).

So, although I can't assure it will help, Lucas, could you confirm at least if the issue also happens there in BETA 2.1 (the one you've just installed) with "Points-Based Selection" menu option checked BUT with "Advanced (Create)" one unchecked? I did lately some more improvements to how line width setting is managed by the window and I feel doubly blind on this for not being able to reproduce it here in other than BETA 1, but there are some much changes between them now that it's hard to narrow down it, otherwise I bet it could have been easily fixed once and for all... Well, if so, thank you in advance for your time!

EDIT: There is no need you try that, Lucas! Since it doesn't seem to be related to Advance mode. I've located the line that caused the issue in BETA 1, though not yet the why of it doesn't happen to me in my current BETA 2 build, but well, it's something... Cheers!
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Edit: this problem wasn't caused by the script.

Sometimes when I copy/paste keyframes, it doesn't copy/paste the keyframes but other elements like points. I'm working with multiple timelines in the timeline panel, not sure if that is relevant. I suspect it could be related to this: "[v] Paste button stopped working as expected at some point -> FIXED in v0.2.1", but I don't know.

I'll remove the script for now and let you know if the problem keeps happening or not.

I'm using windows 10, Moho 14.1, Shapes Window 0.2.1.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Nope, it keeps happening with the script uninstalled.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Daxel wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:58 pm Nope, it keeps happening with the script uninstalled.
Probably depends on whether the workspace or timeline has focus (last one you clicked in).
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Cool, thanks for the update! I was looking over it anyway and didn't detect anything weird here (although that wouldn't have been conclusive due to I've been making changes in the way item preview works) as long as I follow the rules that determines what should be deleted in each case, of course. EDIT: Or, IOW, what Wes just said :)

If you continue getting unexpected behaviors regarding that, and it definitely had nothing to do with custom scripts, it'd be nice if possible can count with some solid steps to reproduce that could then be reported... Cheers.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Yes, I keep having this problem. It happens when copy/pasting and deleting keyframes, only sometimes. I'm working with the timeline panel undocked, on a different monitor and with multiple timelines.

Thanks for the tip Wes, I'm aware of how focus works, but it looks like focus is not being grabbed correctly for some reason.

I don't have much time these days but I'll keep thinking about it, maybe try working without scripts (scary stuff) and I'll let you know if I find something new.
Lae82

Post by Lae82 »

This script works great for organizing liquid shapes. No errors here using latest version and Moho 14.1
This panel or something similar should come by default with Moho in the future.