Bone Interpolation Constraint

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Tudor Om

Bone Interpolation Constraint

Post by Tudor Om »

Hello there,

I wonder if someone here could help me.
I would like to have the option of constraining a bone to a specific interpolation regardless of the timeline interpolation status.
I don't know if this could be done with a script or if it needs to be implemented deeper into Moho but it would be a great time saver in my workflow.

Does anyone have any idea?
Thanx :)

Tudor
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: Bone Interpolation Constraint

Post by Víctor Paredes »

I like to create a keyframe on frame one with the interpolation I want and then set the default interpolation to "copy previous keyframe".
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Yup, I just do what Victor does. Once you create the key, you can set zero to be the interpolation you want and then delete the key at frame 1. The default for that item will remain whatever you had set frame 0 to.

Also, if this is for a Smart Bone, I make frame one Linear in most cases, so every keyframe I make in the Action will be Linear as I create them (when Use Previous Key is active.) Then, I can set frame zero to be any default interpolation I want for the Mainline. (For a character, I usually set this one to Smooth, but it really can be anything.)
Tudor Om

Post by Tudor Om »

Oh. My. God!
I tried it and it works! You just saved me a lot of time :)))
And the solution was staring me in the face the whole time...

Thanx guys :)