3D OBJ Rendering Problem

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

neilhammers

3D OBJ Rendering Problem

Post by neilhammers »

Hi,
I've textured 3D object, a low-poly sword, where I cannot figure out the render behavior, as all the setting changes in its 3D options randomly change prop's appearance. Most of the times I get 95% white shading (some texture could still be seen through) and crisp edges/creases (seems, even MotionBlur doesn't affect it). Some frames it even renders out as intended, but then the shading disappears, as if there were triangle fighting for depth, where white triangle wins. I can assure the model is thin-walled, as, if Moho is generous, it renders out normal frame. Here's a link to the animation.
What might cause such problem? Again, it renders wonders also with MB off, and more over, when Shadows>LayerShadow(ani) is on, default settings, the shadow is rendered just from the creases, on top of/through that %5 texture remainder fill.

Moho 14.0 @ Windows 11 Pro(22H2), Intel i7, 64 RAM, Nvidia GF RTX3070 with latest drivers.
Last edited by neilhammers on Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
concavepgons

Re: 3D OBJ Rendering Problem

Post by concavepgons »

I tried it with one of the 3D models (the lightning bolt) provided in Moho and I can confirm that motion-blur (with sub-frame enabled) causes render issues with 3D models.
neilhammers

Re: 3D OBJ Rendering Problem

Post by neilhammers »

concavepgons wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:28 pm I tried it with one of the 3D models (the lightning bolt) provided in Moho and I can confirm that motion-blur (with sub-frame enabled) causes render issues with 3D models.
I just updated to Moho 14.1, where LM claims they have fixed mblur sub-frame + bone interaction caused issues, you probably were referring to.
I am still having same white (no/partial fill) mesh glitches as before, so it is something else than mblur.
I also re-set the mblur settings: apparently, the parent bone is the one that needs the mblur enabled, even it is not being rendered. And the child object can have mblur off and still be blurred, which is counterintuitive and still renders at random, see animation.
EDIT: doing further test renders, apparently, having mblur enabled for both parent bone and child 3D object, cancels the parent's effect on mblur.
Conclusively, it is either something fishy going on with what is being fed into renderer, or the mblur feature is still broken.