Liquid Shapes although great has too much limitations and bugs...

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

GosuSama

Liquid Shapes although great has too much limitations and bugs...

Post by GosuSama »

Moho 14 was a great step in the right direction and all the props for developers in improving this software.

With that said, I've been having incredible difficulty and issues with this feature. If you haven't encountered any, you are either using it for very basic functionality or have been incredibly lucky thus far.

It seems Liquid Shapes does NOT work properly when it comes to "used" or "old" vector layers... I've had to re-create new vectors from scratch, thus redoing several smart bones, etcetc just to use this for my existing rigs.

On top of that, it seems like you cannot use liquid shapes for certain types of vector shapes (ie., take for example a Teeth vector layer with many grids, this literally breaks the Liquid Shape entirely)

There is very limited organization when it comes to Liquid Shape ordering and perhaps the ability to have Groups of Liquid Shapes in a single Vector Layer would be a good way to fix some of these issues.

I love Liquid Shapes and hope that the Devs really look at this functionality and improve upon it as it's still (I believe) in it's Beta stages. Should it have released in it's current state? That's questionable but I'm still glad it did.
Panha

Re: Liquid Shapes although great has too much limitations and bugs...

Post by Panha »

GosuSama wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:10 pm Moho 14 was a great step in the right direction and all the props for developers in improving this software.

With that said, I've been having incredible difficulty and issues with this feature. If you haven't encountered any, you are either using it for very basic functionality or have been incredibly lucky thus far.

It seems Liquid Shapes does NOT work properly when it comes to "used" or "old" vector layers... I've had to re-create new vectors from scratch, thus redoing several smart bones, etcetc just to use this for my existing rigs.

On top of that, it seems like you cannot use liquid shapes for certain types of vector shapes (ie., take for example a Teeth vector layer with many grids, this literally breaks the Liquid Shape entirely)

There is very limited organization when it comes to Liquid Shape ordering and perhaps the ability to have Groups of Liquid Shapes in a single Vector Layer would be a good way to fix some of these issues.

I love Liquid Shapes and hope that the Devs really look at this functionality and improve upon it as it's still (I believe) in it's Beta stages. Should it have released in it's current state? That's questionable but I'm still glad it did.
Moho 14 has some great new features. However, it has many bugs (and some bugs are really hard to explain, because they sometimes happen, but sometimes not), and those features seem to be very limited and sometimes hard to use. For instant, when using Liquid shapes, we have to be aware of the order of the shapes, otherwise we need to spend time looking for problem when the feature does not work. We need spend time reorder the shapes to see which is on top, and which is below. I feel like the software is under developing. Relative Keyframes only works with points, and layer transformation, not keyframes of the bones or even the keyframes of Camera. I don't know why it works that way. There are some usable features which have been removed from the previous version, which I don't think a good idea. However, I always love Moho and always wait for the next, next updates to see if the problem will be fixed. ❤️😍