Mask displaying a small gap, how to get rid of it?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Clumsy Potato

Mask displaying a small gap, how to get rid of it?

Post by Clumsy Potato »

My masked layers are displaying weirdly. Like in the link below, where the blue arrow points, there's the brown line, and then a white polygonal gap showing. What is this, and how do I get rid of it?

https://imgur.com/a/iOQVDQG
Greenlaw

Re: Mask displaying a small gap, how to get rid of it?

Post by Greenlaw »

Just ignore it for now. When Lost Marble improved masking previews in Moho 14, one of the trade-offs was this slight display artifact. The segmented mask edges will not appear in the final render, and this artifact is preferable to the display errors we used to get in Moho 13.5.5 and earlier. (Victor mentions this issue in one of the Moho 14 introductory videos.)

Hopefully, the display quality will get better in a future update, but it's not a serious issue.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clumsy Potato

Post by Clumsy Potato »

Greenlaw wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:08 am Just ignore it for now. When Lost Marble improved masking previews in Moho 14, one of the trade-offs was this slight display artifact. The segmented edges will not appear in the final render, and this artifact is preferable to the display errors we used to get in Moho 13.5.5 and earlier. (Victor mentions this issue in one of the Moho 14 introductory videos.)

Hopefully, the display quality will get better in a future update, but it's not a serious issue.
If it's just a display thing, no problem then, I can live with it~
Thank you for the clarification!
NanotechBeasts

Post by NanotechBeasts »

Do you by any chance accidently have your mask expanded by a pixel? Looks Like a mistake I have made before on Anime Studio Pro 11 but again that's an older version.
Last edited by NanotechBeasts on Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Nah, the issue is new to Moho 14, and it's not a bug. This artifact comes from the new graphics engine and is a trade-off for the improved masking representation and other display benefits we now have in 14.

This artifact will hopefully go away in the future, but for now, just ignore it. It doesn't affect the final render quality.