Keyboard shortcut and integration of Z-Space Nudge

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

JoelMayer

Keyboard shortcut and integration of Z-Space Nudge

Post by JoelMayer »

Having stuff go in front and behind things in Moho is a bit of a drag sometimes. Yea sure, we can use reference layers or animated layer orders and while those are nice i feel like the easiest solution i'm used to for quick and easy depth sorting is just using the Option/Alt + Up and Down arrows to nudge things in global Z-Space by like an increment of 0.0001 or whatever.

I know this is technically possible in Moho as well but i read and think it messes up a lot of things with the rig etc. and is not really recommended as common practice. So i'd propose that LM maybe looks into this approach and if there's a way to set a similiar keyboard shortcut to move a vector or bitmap layer forwards or backwards in Z-Space without breaking the rig within Moho. I think it should be, because it's just easy and fast.

I cannot tell you how simple it is to have two characters interacting that way. It's literally just setting a key for stuff going in the front or back on any given frame and be done with it. No more references or duplicating rigs and turning 99% of it invisible so the pinky can be in front of something (while the computer gets slower and slower) and scrolling through endless layers to reorder your stuff. In other software it also leaves patch layers intact if rigged correctly, no matter where a given piece is in Z-Space.

Thanks for considering ;)