What's your experience inserting actions as references?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Daxel

What's your experience inserting actions as references?

Post by Daxel »

I use normal actions mostly when I plan to reuse some bone and points positions in an absolute way (instead of creating a smartbone dial that would act in a relative way). For example, I use it quite a lot with hand rigs, so I can insert the "punch" hand keyframes that has the bones and also the points of the hand in a specific way and I don't want this to act upon the current position of the bones or the points but in an absolute way to guarantee the result is exactly the punch hand position.

As I said I just insert copy of the action, but I see it could be useful to use the insert reference to be able to improve the punch hand action later and make it apply to every punch hand reference.

So yeah. What is your experience? Do you use it? Why? Any bug or pitfal that I should be aware of?

I see the keyframes look different on the timeline, with the name of the action. But you can't scale the animation?
And when the action reference is just one frame, I can't see the name of the action anywhere, right?