Can't read Photoshop file in Moho 14.1

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Panha

Can't read Photoshop file in Moho 14.1

Post by Panha »

In the picture below is what happens occasionally in Moho 14.1 to me. It warn me about the software can't read Photoshop file. but the files are okay. I even did the complete work already. Just to reopen it again and it show this message. But sometimes reopen it, it becomes not problem.
Some other times it looks okay in the editing process, but after rendering to video, it shows lost psd file layer. The problem can be solved sometimes by just garther the media, but sometimes not.
I suspect that because I use Affinity Photo 2 to save it as PSD, because I don't use photoshop to design characters or scene. There is nothing wrong with my PSD files. I already checked. They are there, and I did not change anything to the files. I just reopen Moho project and it becomes errors like this.
What I did to solve this problem:
1- Close all the application that lunched while using Moho such as Affinity Photo and Davinci Resolve.
2- Restart my pc.
3- Gather media (sometimes works, sometimes the problem still exists) until I do number 1 and number 2.
Maestral

Re: Can't read Photoshop file in Moho 14.1

Post by Maestral »

From time to time, I've noticed similar behavior.
Apps using PS files tend to keep track of their usage and most often, we have set those apps to do so. After a while (open/close of file or app, alterations, duplicates, the same file opened simultaneously in 2 apps...) some mess could arise. Clearing the RAM and/or cache can also resolve the issue. One of the reasons why using png's brings somewhat more ease.
Panha

Post by Panha »

Maestral wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:50 pm From time to time, I've noticed similar behavior.
Apps using PS files tend to keep track of their usage and most often, we have set those apps to do so. After a while (open/close of file or app, alterations, duplicates, the same file opened simultaneously in 2 apps...) some mess could arise. Clearing the RAM and/or cache can also resolve the issue. One of the reasons why using png's brings somewhat more ease.
Thank you for information. Maybe I can try turn off the checking on "send anonymous usage information" in Affinity Photo than.❤️
Maestral

Post by Maestral »

You're most welcome!
Not sure if that could be a solution.

IMO, some things are very helpful but still can be in your way. The extension cables, for example. You can switch to wireless but it would just change the nature of the problem/s. :)
On the other hand, if you're neat with ext. cables - you'd have significantly fewer of them in your way :)
Panha

Post by Panha »

Maestral wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:55 pm You're most welcome!

IMO, some things are very helpful but still can be in your way. The extension cables, for example. You can switch to wireless but it would just change the nature of the problem/s. :)
On the other hand, if you're neat with ext. cables - you'd have significantly fewer of them in your way :)
Thank you.❤️
Panha

Post by Panha »

Maestral wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:55 pm You're most welcome!

I think I have found the exact time when Moho has this problem. Even when I tried to gather files, the problem still exist. It happens when I opened Moho along with some other design or paint software such as affinity photo and Krita. Even if I don't open any related files to Moho, the problem exists until I close the other programs, then reopen Moho files.
Maestral

Post by Maestral »

Whose is this psd file?

Panha

Post by Panha »

Maestral wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:03 pm Whose is this psd file?

I use both affinity photo and Krita to edit my PSD file. I don't use photoshop. In my general workflow, I draw in Krita since it give me more scopes regarding drawing and painting. I draw like faces of character and scenes. If I want any changes such add textures and adjust some colors, I use affinity photo 2. I also uses affinity photo 2 as default PSD editor. When I want to quickly adjust PSD in while working with animation, I use Affinity Photo, such as edit any mistakes (for example when I forget to merge group into one single pixel layer). In general, I rarely use Krita in the middle of the animation to edit my PSD. I use Krita for drawing and save to PSD then edit in Affinity Photo. But all layers are rasterized before I rig in Moho. What I don't understand is that, there is no feature from those softwares that Moho can't read because all layers are rasterized into normal pixel layers.