Frequent "no response" on Moho 14.1

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

teke

Frequent "no response" on Moho 14.1

Post by teke »

Recently, I have been experiencing frequent problems with MOHO 14.1, where just playing an animation on the work view suddenly goes into an "no response" state, and the only acceptable solution is to force quit.
This problem started occurring after I added a character with target bones on both legs, and when I disabled the target bones, the problem did not occur, so I think the cause of this symptom is the target bones, but I have no proof.(Also, no negative keyframes were found.)
Currently, I am having difficulty producing animation. :cry:
Does anyone else experience similar problems?
Panha

Re: Frequent "no response" on Moho 14.1

Post by Panha »

teke wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:31 am Recently, I have been experiencing frequent problems with MOHO 14.1, where just playing an animation on the work view suddenly goes into an "no response" state, and the only acceptable solution is to force quit.
This problem started occurring after I added a character with target bones on both legs, and when I disabled the target bones, the problem did not occur, so I think the cause of this symptom is the target bones, but I have no proof.(Also, no negative keyframes were found.)
Currently, I am having difficulty producing animation. :cry:
Does anyone else experience similar problems?
Moho seems to have those minor bugs, I experience it sometimes too. Really don't know how to report those bugs because they happen in an uncertain way and not all files and project has the same bug problems. When experiencing with bugs in target bone like yours,what I do is:
1- Make sure that I go to frame 0 to setup target bone or use lock bone instead. Target bone in the middle of the animation sometimes causes no response or crush. Even with lock bone. (But I rarely face bug with lock bone in MH14).
#Some other bugs such as Moho becomes slow when referencing a character layer (I experienced the problem with PSD, I don't know about Vector layers), then we made some change such as edit the binding of the bone the original child layer (I experienced it once when my brother who used the character model from me had binded the wrong layer, and he had already referenced the layer, so I rebind the original child layer). In this case, MH14's performance works very slow until I delete the reference layer, and referenced it again.
#I also notice that in layer setting panel seems to work not smoother as its previous version, especially when I clicked on the drop down button such as "Face Camera" in tab "General". But I think this maybe the starting points of Moho's new graphic engine and I think, it will be better and better in the next updates.
#MH14 seems to have problem in reading PSD when it is opened along with other PSD program such as Affinity Photo 2.4, and Krita. I don't know if the problem is from which program, however, whether I opened either Krita or Affinity Photo, the problem is always exist.
I honestly really don't know how to reports some bugs since it seem to not occur the same thing from file to file and project to project.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

teke wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:31 am I think the cause of this symptom is the target bones, but I have no proof.(Also, no negative keyframes were found.)
I haven't had problems with target bones, and I'm using them quite a lot on both of the projects I'm working on since Moho 14 so that's strange to hear. Maybe it's a combination of target bones + some other thing. Are you enabling/disabling them during animation using the parent bone tool?

Panha wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:47 am In this case, MH14's performance works very slow until I delete the reference layer, and referenced it again.
Broken or corrupted references that cause performance issues are an old known problem that is solved just like you did, remaking them, so It's not a showstopper but I would like to see it fixed.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Hi, Teke.
If you can, could you share the steps to reproduce the issue and a file to try it?

Thanks
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
delleps

Post by delleps »

Víctor Paredes wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:41 pm Hi, Teke.
If you can, could you share the steps to reproduce the issue and a file to try it?

Thanks
Hi, I've been having very similar freezes. Here is the link to my file. It only contains a character rig which uses liquid shapes. Whenever I start moving a bone to animate, after a short time it freezes and I get the beach ball that never goes away. I've almost gotten it to behave the way I need to to but now it crashes constantly. Coming from After Effects, Blender, Resolve Fusion, etc., I've been very excited to finally learn Moho. But, this amount of crashing makes it impossible to use for work (this is for a client, actually).

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoIUpixpz42ogZFGQK8 ... w?e=9v61WZ