Ability to Customize Timeline Numbers to Match Frame Interval Display Lines

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DigitalDesignDude

Ability to Customize Timeline Numbers to Match Frame Interval Display Lines

Post by DigitalDesignDude »

Is there anyway to make the timeline numbers match the frame interval lines?

Even though the frame interval lines can be adjusted with the project FPS setting and the "Frame interval display" preferences setting, it doesn't appear the timeline numbers can be adjusted to use numbers that would match up with my custom intervals.

See the below video for confirmation if needed and I'm currently using Moho version 14.1:

No matter what settings I use or how far I zoom in or out of the timeline, the numbers are always values that divide evenly by 3. Such as 3, 6, 12, 24, 48, etc.

At the very least, it would be great if Moho allowed for numbers that divide evenly by 5, like 5, 10, 15 , 20, 25, 30, etc. so that it's more accommodating for 30FPS and 60FPS animations for video games or just smoother animated videos in general.

Thank you regardless to Moho's developers for their continued work in developing Moho.
hayasidist

Re: Ability to Customize Timeline Numbers to Match Frame Interval Display Lines

Post by hayasidist »

DigitalDesignDude wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:53 am Is there anyway to make the timeline numbers match the frame interval lines?

No matter what settings I use or how far I zoom in or out of the timeline, the numbers are always values that divide evenly by 3. Such as 3, 6, 12, 24, 48, etc.

At the very least, it would be great if Moho allowed for numbers that divide evenly by 5, like 5, 10, 15 , 20, 25, 30, etc. so that it's more accommodating for 30FPS and 60FPS animations for video games or just smoother animated videos in general.

Thank you regardless to Moho's developers for their continued work in developing Moho.
Ah! I see what you're saying... the timeline uses 3 most of the time (but does use 5 on 25 / 50 fps) [most of what I do is 25 fps - UK PAL standard - so I was somewhat confused at first...]

Would this work for you: if the framerate is divisible by 5 use that in preference to 3????
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

I would also like to be able to change the displayed timeline frame numbers when using 15 or 30 FPS to +5 instead of +6.
DigitalDesignDude

Post by DigitalDesignDude »

hayasidist wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:23 am Would this work for you: if the framerate is divisible by 5 use that in preference to 3????
I appreciate the suggestion but upon trying it, it doesn't help when animating on 5s and 10s like I do so for 30 and 60FPS animations.

Currently, I feel the only real workaround for myself is to ignore the frame numbers and animate using the frame interval display which can be customized to be in intervals of 5 or whatever I want.

This is unfortunate because having the option to display frame numbers in increments of 5 or 10 is common in standard animation programs like After Effects, Adobe Animate, Toon Boom Harmony, and Blender as I have shown in the attached image.

Thus, I hope Moho's developers will consider allowing us to have an option of using more standardized timeline numbers which would help newcomers like myself transition from other software to Moho.

Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

I like how Moho is 24 fps. That's the fps of classic Disney cartoons, after all. 8)

I have animated at 30 fps in Moho a few times, and didn't have a problem. It's been a while, but I may've used markers in the timeline as reminders, or maybe I just remembered.

That being said, I like having more options in Moho. The more the merrier.