extra unwanted stroke to selected objects?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Nicohk92

extra unwanted stroke to selected objects?

Post by Nicohk92 »

I had never noticed it before but objects within a selected layer seem to get their stroke wider. It doesn't show on render so I guess it's a display thing to indicate what's selected but it's really problematic once you scale down the layer even a little.

Here's a screen video, it shows much better what I'm talking about: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rRPkVW ... sp=sharing

Perhaps it's a setting I forgot somewhere? How do I turn it off?

Thanks in advance
Greenlaw

Re: extra unwanted stroke to selected objects?

Post by Greenlaw »

I'm not sure I've seen this one before, but I'm guessing it's a graphics engine artifact. For the most part, the new graphics engine improves how Moho displays things, but it may occasionally do something odd. To check if this is the cause, turn off GPU Caching in the Display Options. When the option does something too distracting for me to animate with, I leave it disabled. Otherwise, I simply ignore the display error if it's not reflective of the final render.

I hope this helps. I know the devs are still improving the new graphics engine in Moho, so hopefully, errors like this will be fixed soon.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Just curious, but when you render it, do you see the thin version of the lines or the thick one?
Nicohk92

Post by Nicohk92 »

I see the thin version.

Is there such thing as the practice of clearing preferences/cache with Moho? How do I go about that?
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I believe that data is stored in the ProgramData folder, but deleting it won't improve the display situation. All that would do is reset the preferences to their default settings. Also, be careful about removing files from there...removing certain files may break Moho.

Can you post the file for others here to look at?
Nicohk92

Post by Nicohk92 »

Ticking off GPU caching and restarting my cputer made all lines the same thickness. Thicker than the rendered version, but all the same. I guess I'll live with it for now (my file is a bit crowded, I may clean it eventually for you to see if it becomes too annoying, but thanks for offering)