What am i doing wrong?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Are you absolutely sure you did the tutorials?
You followed all the steps and the bones did what was described?

See... I just took your last file... switched to region binding... assigned the head group to the head bone...

... offset the bones on frame 0 to be in the right place... and it works perfectly.

You had already gotten about... 60% there! That's pretty darn close.

You must read the directions step by step in the tutorial. That is how I learned it. I had the same trouble... I couldn't figure it out... so I forced myself to do the bones tutorials.

I think you are missing a step. the last file you posted the bones were not "Offset" on frame 0. There is an offset tool that allows you to move the bones back into position on the body.

Then on frame 1 all the bones are in the correct spot. If the bones don't seem to be getting all the points you need to adjust their strength.

Do the bones tutorials. Do them until it makes sense. It will eventually I promise. If you do those tutorials even more than once... the process will become clear. This is the best way to conquer the software.

-vern
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Just so you know it does work....

http://www.lowrestv.com/moho_stuff/aqddie.moho

I did the things mentioned above... offset the bones... set the bone layer to region binding.. and bound the head group to the head bone. I also changed the bone weighting slightly.

I added one point to each leg. The legs need some work. You need to look at how those shapes are bending, and add some points so they don't "squish up" so much.

Also you could add a forearm bone as a child to the bicep for better motion on the arms. Depends how sophisticated you want it to be.

I then animated a quick down and dirty little jump cycle... thingy.

Some of these things can't be "seen" easily unless you know what to look for... it's all in the tutorials and help files.... like the head group bound to the head bone... this isn't obvious unless you select that group layer and click on the layer binding tool. The head bone will highlight as red indicating that group layer is bound to that bone.

-vern
blackspittle

Post by blackspittle »

Thanks man! I guess its back to the boring tutorials for me :roll: , thanks alot!
" but what good is a muffin if your not alive to eat it" - agent 'smink'-----(lucky bob's time machine)